PDA

View Full Version : IA Show In FL 2012

koster_irrigation
08-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Anyone attending?

Its in Orlando this year.
Show is the 4 -5th. November.
Classes are 2nd - 6th.

Im really going to try to head down that way. Plan to book room soon. Never been to one. Will take a few classes as well.

Stuttering Stan
08-13-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm not planning on attending. I heard many bad reviews about the last one. Someone mentioned they heard crickets when visiting the booths.

Mike Leary
08-13-2012, 12:12 PM
I used to really look forward to them, kid in a candy store I am,but the pall of recession sure did permeate IA in Phoenix. :cry:

Wet_Boots
08-13-2012, 02:28 PM
the recession has forced spending cuts in the critical booth babe department

Without A Drought
08-13-2012, 07:05 PM
i'd like to go. it's prolly the closest it'll ever be to New Jersey. but sadly the boss wont approve any business trips dec-mar as it's snow season (though last year was a complete bust)

id like to take some classes too, but they usually are less fruitful than i hope. just took electric 2 and 2 wire, and was underimpressed. i can glean more information from here and other avenues than the IA coursework. sadly i need CEU's to maintain the license.

easy-lift guy
08-13-2012, 08:33 PM
I believe I may attend this show since it is about a Two hour drive away. I had considered vending my product at this show, however the cost for the booth space was
really over priced. The bait and switch tactics for joining the organization in order to
receive a discount is also annoying and petty on the part of the organization.
The cost of just walking the show is also very expensive. I sure would like more
feed back from other members that have attended this show, ESP.vendors of products
for the irrigation industry.
Ted Scovitch
TAS Industries.

sprinklerchris
08-14-2012, 10:41 AM
I'm not planning on attending. I heard many bad reviews about the last one. Someone mentioned they heard crickets when visiting the booths.

They cut the show hours to just two days this year. (no Tuesday hours).

Mike Leary
08-14-2012, 11:47 AM
"When the vendors start to look like pimps and whores, might as well go find a bar."

hoskm01
08-14-2012, 11:26 PM
I may go. I'm really not a fan of Florida and last year certainly didn't impress, except for that guy with the remote pigtails.

Would be good to take a few classes and maintain my CLIA.

1idejim
08-15-2012, 12:03 AM
I may go. I'm really not a fan of Florida and last year certainly didn't impress, except for that guy with the remote pigtails.

Would be good to take a few classes and maintain my CLIA.

if you can't take your eye out, there's no impressing me.
Posted via Mobile Device