PDA

View Full Version : How do you approach fall cleanups?

bdlawncare
08-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Hey so i am new to the business and this will be my first fall. I am thinking of purchasing a walker or similar mower to suck up some of the leaves, and I have 2 little wonders and 3 backpack blowers. So what do you guys do... What seems to work best.

TheChiefsLawnCare
08-14-2012, 03:10 AM
whats that lol. we dont have those here. we cut once a month in the fall/winter lol.

Smallaxe
08-14-2012, 06:18 PM
whats that lol. we dont have those here. we cut once a month in the fall/winter lol.

are you saying that you don't get many leaves down, where you live???

andersman02
08-15-2012, 08:43 AM
We do 2 rounds for every customer, one earlier in the fall, one late in the fall.

First time through all we are doing is blowing everything out from the landscaping areas and places a mower cannot get and mulching it to keep all the debris in the lawn to give some organic matter back into the soil. Make sure when you do this it is dry outside, wet leafs do not mulch well

Second time through we blow out again and suckup the leaves with our 60'' bagger or walk behind bagger, the dump into the truck..... This is how weve done it in the past. This year will be different as we now have a 550 dump w/ hi-walls and will be getting a high power leaf vac for the back of it. This way we will have a crew go out and dump piles of leaves into a central pile with one guy coming through later on sucking them up with the dump/leafvac.

One problem we have had is our box getting filled too fast without walls, but with walls its a PITA to get the debris in there. Thats where the leaf vac comes in.

BROWNS LAWN CARE
08-16-2012, 09:43 PM
are you saying that you don't get many leaves down, where you live???

he's saying things grow like crazy down there. i used to live in Kenner, right next to Metarie (suburbs of Nawlins). on our street there were two empty lots. had to be mowed twice each summer. the weeds would grow 6 feet high, no joke....