PDA

View Full Version : Weed control in pa

dehofflawncare
08-14-2012, 09:51 AM
I have a lawn with alot of broadleaf weeds. My question is what are you guys spraying on lawns that are absolutely covered with weeds. Concerned about the temperature, it has been hot but now cooling into the 80's next couple of days. I will be using a permagreen ultra. thanks for any help.

wrxscby
08-14-2012, 01:06 PM
I use momentum fx2 with a spreader sticker. Works quite well on all broadleaf weeds. Even tough summer annuals like oxalis, ground ivy and violets! I wouldnt be as concerned with the heat as much as drought conditions. I'm in south central pa and have been spot treating weeds with momentum and acclaim. The acclaim is pretty potent if the lawn is already crispy but the customers want the crabgrass and orchardgrass along the driveways controlled so I just tell them they may need some seedwork this fall.

RigglePLC
08-14-2012, 06:12 PM
I like Lesco Eliminate--feel free to add some Speedzone also. Include surfactant--before retired I used Scotts Capsil (silicone type). Plan to spray again in two to four weeks. Remember the crabgrass and summer annual weeds will disappear after frost.
Remember the new winter annual weeds will arise from seed in fall--chickweed, hairy cress, veronica and henbit, also poa annua.