PDA

View Full Version : Is this sprayer acceptable products like Celcius?

gulfjoe
08-15-2012, 08:29 AM
I just purchased this sprayer on Friday and it should be arriving to my home today. Can i use this model sprayer with powders such as Celcius? The QandA on the Home Depot page said they dont reccomend it, But when I went to Echos website and read the owners manual it didn't say I couldnt use it it left this comment...
POWDER-BASED CHEMICALS
Powder-based chemicals (powder mixed with liquids to make the spraying agent) are usually abrasive
and can cause wear. When you use a powder-based chemical in your sprayer, make sure it is thoroughly
dissolved in the liquid solution. Thoroughly clean and flush the sprayer with water to extend the life of
the sprayers parts.

I am just a home owner and I am not spraying everyday like most of you guys. I just wanted a quality product for myself without spending a fortune. So my question is Will this thing hold up to a home owners use with wettable powders?

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=202641446

http://www.echo-usa.com/getattachment/6bf9b2c4-ba71-43ec-a023-649e62d9257a/MS40BPe_020811.pdf

kbrashears
08-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Dissolve the powder separate before adding to your tank. Celsius dissolves fast. I have to do this a lot with other slower dissolving Chems like blindside.
Posted via Mobile Device

gulfjoe
08-15-2012, 09:21 AM
I just purchased this sprayer on Friday and it should be arriving to my home today. Can i use this model sprayer with powders such as Celcius? The QandA on the Home Depot page said they dont reccomend it, But when I went to Echos website and read the owners manual it didn't say I couldnt use it it left this comment...
POWDER-BASED CHEMICALS
Powder-based chemicals (powder mixed with liquids to make the spraying agent) are usually abrasive
and can cause wear. When you use a powder-based chemical in your sprayer, make sure it is thoroughly
dissolved in the liquid solution. Thoroughly clean and flush the sprayer with water to extend the life of
the sprayers parts.

I am just a home owner and I am not spraying everyday like most of you guys. I just wanted a quality product for myself without spending a fortune. So my question is Will this thing hold up to a home owners use with wettable powders?

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=202641446

http://www.echo-usa.com/getattachment/6bf9b2c4-ba71-43ec-a023-649e62d9257a/MS40BPe_020811.pdf

I guess what i am asking is which will last longer a piston style or diapraghm?

gulfjoe
08-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Dissolve the powder separate before adding to your tank. Celsius dissolves fast. I have to do this a lot with other slower dissolving Chems like blindside.
Posted via Mobile Device

So mix the chemicals in a seperate container then add to sprayer?

kbrashears
08-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Uh, yeah.
Posted via Mobile Device

gulfjoe
08-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Uh, yeah.
Posted via Mobile Device

I just noticed I repeated exactly what you said. That whole brain to typing thing hasn't quite kicked in this morning
Posted via Mobile Device

gulfjoe
08-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you have a preference of piston or diaphragm?
Posted via Mobile Device

ReddensLawnCare
08-15-2012, 10:12 AM
Just wondering, what kind of turf are you spraying it on
Posted via Mobile Device

gulfjoe
08-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Bermuda
Posted via Mobile Device

RigglePLC
08-15-2012, 11:04 PM
You could mix the solution in the sprayer. Then mix it with a paint stirring propeller in an electric drill. Dissolve it fully before starting.

Dandylyin Slayer
08-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Haha !!! Would you like fries with that ?? Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Dandylyin Slayer
08-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Its a good thing you hose jockeys never worked at Kentucky Fried Chicken. You would have give away the colonels secret recipe to anybody that asked for it ! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device