PDA

View Full Version : What's the point in a power broom?

2stroked
08-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Never understood these things, seem unnessisary if ya ask me. Only time they seem usefull is in this video i found...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzZlltD1LR0

chagh2.0
08-15-2012, 09:20 PM
we use them all the time for spring clean ups.

F2blica
08-15-2012, 10:12 PM
I've seen the used for cleaning walkways during light snowfalls

4 seasons lawn&land
08-15-2012, 10:26 PM
move north youll figure it out

R & R Yard Designs
08-15-2012, 10:30 PM
We love ours.
Posted via Mobile Device

White Gardens
08-15-2012, 10:43 PM
move north youll figure it out

Why, for pushing snow, or to get the rocks out of the turf after snow season?

Tizzy
08-15-2012, 10:53 PM
we use them for snow, spring cleanup, getting dirt and stone out of lawns. fall cleanup. and much more. they are very useful and save a ton of time on things.

they do awesome in light snow up to about 3" or so.

44DCNF
08-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Why, for pushing snow, or to get the rocks out of the turf after snow season?

I'll reiterate whats already been said:
They'll work for both. They're not real helpful with heavy wet snow far but a few inches of the average stuff can be moved away from bldgs, stairs, tight spots. I breeze through a 120' drive by walking fast with it angled to one side like a plow. Stones out of grass after the season, or clean up after a construction mess. Rubber paddles are much gentler on the grass than raking and you can move the stones much farther with a power broom with less work. Spread sand over brick patios, clean mulch off lawn after install, dirt after bed prep, stage and pile grass and dirt from big overrun edging jobs, etc.

delmcleod
08-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Or you can also buy a trimmer head for it and not need another unit for a string trimmer...
Posted via Mobile Device

2stroked
08-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Ok well this makes since, but seems like you could use a blower for most of the things they're used for

delmcleod
08-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Works great with a blower... We powerbroom the bulk of anything needing To be moved and then follow up with blowers. Works great and saves on time blowing
Posted via Mobile Device

sealcutter
08-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Never understood these things, seem unnessisary if ya ask me. Only time they seem usefull is in this video i found...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzZlltD1LR0

They are useless and there is no need for them. But some how I managed to buy 3 of them and they get used 5-6 days a week.:laugh: Do you just cut grass? than you wouldn't find a need for it. Take a push broom and sweep your whole driveway, now try it with a power broom and tell me what you would use next time.

FMC1959
08-20-2012, 12:03 AM
For the guys using these power brooms, 2 questions.

I have Pavers to clean near pools that blowers don't work well, between the brooms with rubber paddles and others with bristles, which work better? Do the bristle ones get in between the Pavers and remove the sand?

Also, any have these power brooms as a multi tool vs dedicated power broom? With a decent power head (at least 25+ CC) are they OK?

THEGOLDPRO
08-20-2012, 12:13 AM
We use em all the time in the spring, They are invaluable for sand clean-up after the winter.

They also work amazing for black walnuts/acorns in the fall time. We have literally power broomed truck loads of walnuts/acorns from peoples lawns.

peachtree landscapes
08-20-2012, 12:38 AM
I've seen them used for pushing sand and topdressing before. Seems like to much of a hassle to me. I've never seen reason enough for me to purchase one, but I can see where it might be useful in snow situations.

Darryl G
08-20-2012, 01:40 AM
Power broom - one of those things I don't use a lot but when I do it's really handy. I don't think anyone mentioned saw dust piles from tree work. I really love mine for gettting driveway gravel out of lawns though. Sometimes I run mine upside down...it's less aggressive that way but tires you out less...just be careful not to fill up your shoes/boots, lol.