PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Loading

Alf1096
08-18-2012, 06:01 PM
I just bought a lesco 200 gal skid. I am looking for a way to be able to load this by myself safely. I have thought of a gantry crane but don't want to spend 700 right now. Any ideas I was thinking of using a engine hoist. I know someone has come up with a good way.

KrayzKajun
08-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Forklift or skidsteer?
Posted via Mobile Device

Alf1096
08-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Forklift or skidsteer?
Posted via Mobile Device

I will only be spraying so don't have a need for heavy equipment.

RigglePLC
08-18-2012, 09:23 PM
To slide it onto your truck or off...you need a low picnic table about height of the bed. My suggestion: use a boat winch or come-along to pull it off or on.
Bolt the winch to the sprayer. Hook the cable to the truck when pulling it on. Hook the cable to the table or platform (or a convenient beam or tree) when pulling it off. A bit of lubrication on the bed will help. And try to have the tank empty.

Landrus2
08-18-2012, 09:29 PM
To slide it onto your truck or off...you need a low picnic table about height of the bed. My suggestion: use a boat winch or come-along to pull it off or on.
Bolt the winch to the sprayer. Hook the cable to the truck when pulling it on. Hook the cable to the table or platform (or a convenient beam or tree) when pulling it off. A bit of lubrication on the bed will help. And try to have the tank empty.

That is a great idea:weightlifter:

CHARLES CUE
08-18-2012, 09:57 PM

What works good with the table is 2 piece of 1.5 PVC pipe to roll it out on. The tank does need to be empty.

Charles Cue

jjensen
08-19-2012, 01:02 PM
This is what I use to remove my skid from my Silverado. I can have it in or out of my truck in about 10 minutes. I installed a cable winch in my reinforced roof rafters. By using a spreader beam and small ratchet winch with chains attached to four points on the skid, I simply lift the whole unit up. Move the truck and drop the skid on a four wheel cart. Ratchet strap one end down and it can be wheeled out of the way until it is needed. Works very well. This set-up also aids in draining any left over product in bottom of tank. I have found many uses for the winch set-up. Comes in handy.

Alf1096
08-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Would love to do something like that but don't think my roof would hold it lol
Posted via Mobile Device

robertsturf
08-20-2012, 01:25 PM
This is what I use to remove my skid from my Silverado. I can have it in or out of my truck in about 10 minutes. I installed a cable winch in my reinforced roof rafters. By using a spreader beam and small ratchet winch with chains attached to four points on the skid, I simply lift the whole unit up. Move the truck and drop the skid on a four wheel cart. Ratchet strap one end down and it can be wheeled out of the way until it is needed. Works very well. This set-up also aids in draining any left over product in bottom of tank. I have found many uses for the winch set-up. Comes in handy.

Love that set up!!!!

bmoorefield
08-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Great set up!!! I think that would be handy for lifting the front of a mower to to swap blades also.

jjensen
08-20-2012, 06:37 PM
My shop roof is standard rafter construction. I opened ceiling and boxed in between the rafters and added 2x6 supports up to the top 2x4's. Northern Tool electric 1100# hoist runs $189.00, runs on sale for around $150.00. Four wheel cart $160.00, on sale around $135.00. Some 2x6's and you are good to go. And yes I use it all the time for mower blades. State Fair time here in Minnesota, maybe take some time to check out a T3000i.

Alf1096
08-20-2012, 07:27 PM
On top of my garage I have 2x12s that are spanning 20 ft. It's decked. I had the builder come look and he told me I should be able to lift the 600 to 800 lbs if I spanned several(3 to 4) 2x12 s to split the load. You guys think he is right. He has been building houses for over 20 years.