PDA

View Full Version : Striping lawn question!

Freedom1955
08-18-2012, 07:44 PM
I purchased a Toro ZT and when I cut the lawn with it I am disappointed with the results. All I see are the rear tire tracks. The mower cuts the lawn nice but those tire tracks are pissing me off!!!:laugh:.
It looks better if I cut it at 3 inches (Blue grass) but then I take a risk of it burning up because it's very short.

I'm thinking the only way to make it look decent would be to add a striping kit. The model mower I have is SS4260 42". I saw a striping kit made for it but it didn't get good reviews.
Any ideas or leads where they make a good stripping kit for my mower?

Thanks

Darryl G
08-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Yeah, well....it's not gonna cut as well as a commercial mower with a deeper deck. Chances are that you need to slow down....just because you can go that fast doesn't mean you can mow that fast. I think that putting a striping kit on that machine is a waste.

Freedom1955
08-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Yeah, well....it's not gonna cut as well as a commercial mower with a deeper deck. Chances are that you need to slow down....just because you can go that fast doesn't mean you can mow that fast. I think that putting a striping kit on that machine is a waste.

Hi Darryl,

I cut at a very slow pace especially since I have the mulching kit on. The problem is the rear tires are the last thing to touch the grass after a pass. They crush the grass down after the deck cuts the grass. Wouldn't matter what deck it was.
A striping kit would be the last thing to touch the grass after the tires crush the grass down.
Maybe I will just have to get used to wide tire tracks. It must be the nature of the beast.
Check this out>http://www.bigleaguelawns.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/DSCN0196_747x560.jpg

Darryl G
08-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Ok, I get it. I think maybe you do need to get used to tire tracks...don't think I'd really want something like that on my machine. My machines all have a debris flap at the near of the deck that do a decent job striping, but of course I still show tire tracks.