PDA

View Full Version : Trying to ID Nightscaping Fixture

JimLewis
08-20-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm having some difficulty trying to ID some nightscaping path lights that a client of mine has. I will try to get a photo later today or tomorrow. But they are definitely the 'Footliter' fixture. They even say so on the underneath side. They also say GD-1409 as well. With nothing at all after the number. So as per the website, this would be the footliter fixture with the black coating. The problem is these are definitely not black.

The website shows these fixtures only being available in Black, Copper, or Stainless Steel. My problem is these fixtures really don't look like either of these options. They really look like brass. I understand copper patinas over time. But these just don't look to me like Copper that has patina on it. It just looks like a nice weathered brass - almost exactly like a Unique Odyssey Series light fixture would.

So either Nightscaping USED TO make these fixtures in brass, or this is just a copper fixture that has patina on it and now looks similar to weathered brass.

I was hoping to get some insight from someone who has a lot of experience with the nightscaping fixtures. Did they used to make a brass?

Lite4
08-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Hi Jim,

I have a number of copper fixtures out there and they do weather to a nice dark patina, unless you are near the coast of course then they take a mottled brown/ green patina.

AOLP
08-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Jim, Tim is probably correct. That fixture has never been, i believe, offered in brass. The metal mix in the Nightscaping copper fixtures is such that is turn brown and stays brown. take a knife and score it, that might tell you something. if you can probably the softe copper. gd-1409-cu is the product i.d. for footliter/copper