PDA

View Full Version : How to Find A Company that Top Dresses

FRUSTRATED IN CHARLOTTE
08-20-2012, 03:39 PM
My standard fall over seeding process for the past few years has included a soil test, aerating, lime (heavy clay always seems to need it) and a slit seeder.

I decided this year to replace the slit seeder and go back to a spreader for seeding and then top dressing. It's what we used to do but applying topdressing is a PITA process. And truthfully the results with top dressing far exceed the results of the slit seeder.

I have considered buying the topdressing equipment but have a hard time rationalizing the expense for once a year. I did see that there are several spreaders advertised (Earthway and Stryker) that claim to work for top dressing.

But I decided why not just hire a lawn care company that does top dressing and let them do the entire job. Well good luck with that thought. I have called no less than 15 of the larger companies and none of them do topdressing. I did have 2 come by but they only want to redo my pool deck, build a brick fire pit or install new fencing.

What happened to companies that specialize in lawn care and provide FULL service? Am I looking in the wrong places? It is hard to believe that a city loaded with lawn care companies and obsessed with their lawns that no one does top dressing.

Anyone know of someone in Charlotte?

ReddensLawnCare
08-20-2012, 05:24 PM
How big is the area? Im in concord and if We can reach an agreement,I will take care of you.
Posted via Mobile Device

FRUSTRATED IN CHARLOTTE
08-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Reddens:
5,000 SF. are you listed or have an e-mail where I can contact you directly?

FRUSTRATED IN CHARLOTTE
08-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Reddens:
I completed your contact form on your website.

Florida Gardener
08-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Topsressing is a more specialized service IMO and most of these guys that just cut grass don't invest in stuff that they can make more money on. It is more common in my area bc we have many estates with sports turf that gets renovated on a yearly basis. Having said that, I don't know of anyone here that has tried to market topsressing for st Augustine.
Posted via Mobile Device