PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Account possibilities

lawnbridge
08-21-2012, 11:12 AM
I need some help with some ideas for these beds at a local business. These are newly formed flower beds within a new parking lot. Beds are approx. 25 x 20. With the Long bed being 20 x 5. They do have irrigation. Live in central Texas where we are experiencing another extreme drought this summer, temps in mid to upper 100's. Zone 7. My concern is what to put in beds that will be heat and drought tolerant and withstand heat from black asphalt surrounding them.
Any suggestions are very much appreciated

Duekster
08-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Green Cloud Sage, Gulf Muhly, Mexican Feather Grass, Nearly Wild Rose, Salvia greggii, Rose Mary, Wild Petunia, Yellow Bells, Mountain Laural, Yellow Lantana, Desert Willow, and the list goes on. Plenty of choices and mulch will Decomposed Granite.

lawnbridge
08-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Thanks Duekster, That was some that I had thought of but I did see some suggestions that you had that never came to mind.. appreciate the help

Duekster
08-21-2012, 04:59 PM
My Pleasure, these are the ones I find that should do well in full sun and hot micro-climate. It would be better if you can use drip irrigation too.

Can you work the soil any and get some OM into that pink rock soil?

Also check your drainage... some of these plants hate wet feet.

lawnbridge
08-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Yes I have told them we were going to definitely need some organics worked in. I was not contacted until they had put in irrigation.. I will make that suggestion of possibly changing it over to a drip. Heck it's a bank, they got the money

Duekster
08-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Yes I have told them we were going to definitely need some organics worked in. I was not contacted until they had put in irrigation.. I will make that suggestion of possibly changing it over to a drip. Heck it's a bank, they got the money

Not too hard to switch to drip really.

It saves money
It saves water
It is green

If you need any help hollar. I am only about 2 hours away.

lawnbridge
08-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Hey I really appreciate it