PDA

View Full Version : What kind of ramp to use?

mbigred
08-21-2012, 11:54 PM
I have a 7x18 wood floor car trailer that I want to use to haul my zt badboy outlaw on it wt 1300lbs but I need wide ramps not any lees than 48in x 6ft what should I use ?:confused:

Lawn Pawn
08-24-2012, 11:41 PM
This is not really an answer to your question but rather food for thought.

I went to a 14 ft. from a 16 ft. just to keep things compact. However I did have problems with the ramp/tail-gate in the up position not letting me properly balance my CUT with certain attachments, or my Fall clean-up machine with a leaf-box in place at front of trailer would not fit either.

Cut the heavy duty tailgate up and made slide in the rear ramps. Little more work, but gave me the overhang room I needed. Yes they are heavy duty enough for my CUT with loader and tiller no problem.

Made them rattle-proof... and need only slide out and lift four inches to drop into secure loading position.

I'm saying tailgate or ramps.... plan ahead for future.

PlantscapeSolutions
08-25-2012, 12:07 AM
Any good trailer place should be able to fab you up some new ramps. Texas is the trailer capital of the word so luckily it is super easy to find a place to do work down here. Ten minutes from my house I have two places that have done trailer work for me.