PDA

View Full Version : Best pole trimmer

jay12
08-21-2012, 11:44 PM
I have decided that I need to invest in a pole trimmer, any opinions on what brand is your favorite. We are prodiminately red max users but I am open to all options.
Posted via Mobile Device

jetta
08-22-2012, 09:07 AM
we like husqvarna

easy-lift guy
08-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Stihl or Echo. At shows or when shooting video or still photos I use both when demoing my product. The echo Power pruner has a more powerful engine and longer reach with extensions available for greater reach but that also go's hand in hand with heavier weight and more torque working against the operator. Fortunately with either product or any other brand for that matter my product can lift up to 100% of the implements weight so the operator remains in control and safely working.
easy-lift guy

chagh2.0
08-22-2012, 09:06 PM
I like my sthils but i am also a fan of the redmax

LHS Lawns
08-28-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm a Stihl guy. Looking at getting the HT 131 in a few weeks.

Landscape Poet
08-28-2012, 07:32 PM
I own a stihl ht 131 - figured they make some of the best chainsaws, they most likely have the best pole pruner too and I have not been disappointed yet. As easy lift said , be prepared for a workout as they are heavy when used for long periods of time especially.

LHS Lawns
08-29-2012, 02:21 PM
I own a stihl ht 131 - figured they make some of the best chainsaws, they most likely have the best pole pruner too and I have not been disappointed yet. As easy lift said , be prepared for a workout as they are heavy when used for long periods of time especially.

Like I said in my earlier post I'd like to get a Stihl HT 131 in a few weeks. Checked on them today at the dealership and he has a HT 101 in stock.

He said he could get a HT 131 but the power difference wasn't that great and the 101 would do me just fine. Is the extra power worth getting? He wants to sell me the one he has in stock of course. I'm not in the tree business but I do some have enough jobs that I would like to have one. I can use it on our farm too.

Thanks for any input.

Belgium
08-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Stihl km130. Best part of it is you can use the extension if you need greater reach. We also use the maruyame pole trimmer, very heavy duty but not such a good balance.
Posted via Mobile Device

94gt331
09-05-2012, 12:01 AM
I bought a new stihl pole saw last fall, great investment paid for itself in 2 jobs. Looking forward to getting the hedge trimmer attachment soon for high hedges etc.

coolbrze
09-05-2012, 07:24 AM
We have a Stihl HT131 and it's top notch. If you're a landscape guy an HT101 will work just fine. Several of my peers have 101s but I like the 131 much better. Of course we have 2 full time tree crews. PPs are a PITA to use in a tree & don't get used above ground too often for that reason. They're great for sm. removals such as Pears when there's nothing to be roped or rigged...

Hortus
09-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Stihl. Either HT versions will do you just fine for a dedicated saw.