PDA

View Full Version : Basagran and yellow nutsedge....My findings

ProStreetCamaro
08-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Basagran at .75 per 1K knocked the daylights out of my yellow nutsedge. 1 Gallon of basagran ran me just under $100 and that 1 gallon will treat around 3.9 acres. That is WAYYYYYYYYYY cheaper than sedgehammer and dismiss and the results started showing up about 3 to 4 days after application. I used MSO along with the basagran.

Just thought I would share these results. I know most people do not use basagran and instead spend way too much on other products. Just trying to save you guys some money and still get good to excellent results. :drinkup:

lawn king
08-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Bas always worked great for us! Unfortunately massachussetts pulled the label, we cant use it here!

ProStreetCamaro
08-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Bas always worked great for us! Unfortunately massachussetts pulled the label, we cant use it here!

Oh no that sucks!

grassmasterswilson
08-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Any turf or temperature restrictions on basagram? Looks safe on all turf. You tank mixing it with anything? Maybe mix with drive?

ProStreetCamaro
08-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Any turf or temperature restrictions on basagram? Looks safe on all turf. You tank mixing it with anything? Maybe mix with drive?

Here is the label. I cant find anything about temperature restrictions. It does say it can be mixed with quinclorac and it works well with MSO just like quinclorac does so I would assume it would work well. It also says it can be mixed with 24D and dicamba which means it should work well mixed in with quincept. Quincept + Basagran might be the hot ticket in my area. We dont have purple nutsedge but we are loaded with yellow nutsedge. That could be a one shot mix that takes care of pretty much everything. I am not an applicator. I cut for a living but I am taking care of my own lawn and my father used to be licensed years ago but he is not on the up and up with the newer products. He is the one that told me about basagran. He also told me if you go a little too heavy it will smoke the turf right along with the nutsedge.

http://www.keystonepestsolutions.com/labels/Basagran.pdf

CL&T
08-23-2012, 02:50 AM
He also told me if you go a little too heavy it will smoke the turf right along with the nutsedge.

I started using Basagran this year at .75/1k with .75 LI-700 and I'm still trying to get it right. Seems to be really fussy- either inconsistant sedge control or it smokes the sedge and turf. I'm using a calibrated backpack sprayer/fan nozzel and proper application technique.