PDA

View Full Version : dreaded crabgrass

grassmasterswilson
08-22-2012, 04:54 PM
I know there are tons of product that are effective on cg. In the past i've used q4, quincept, sethoxydim, etc.

When using q4 and quincept I occasionally get some yellowing, and probably because when the cg is here it's almost always above 90 and on the humid side. When August gets here most of our pre is wearing off and cg takes advantage.

----I'm curious what anyone has used on bermuda and centipede during hot weather. I normally use celcius for my post and it does great, but not as effective on mature cg.

----This time of year our fescue it about toast unless it has been irrigated and on a fungicide program. What are my options on cg in fescue. I've used q4 and quincept with great results but only tried them when the temps were under 90. The other problem is that when using them there is a 28-30 day wait before seeding. So any treatments would have to be before mid August.

ProStreetCamaro
08-22-2012, 05:59 PM
I know there are tons of product that are effective on cg. In the past i've used q4, quincept, sethoxydim, etc.

When using q4 and quincept I occasionally get some yellowing, and probably because when the cg is here it's almost always above 90 and on the humid side. When August gets here most of our pre is wearing off and cg takes advantage.

----I'm curious what anyone has used on bermuda and centipede during hot weather. I normally use celcius for my post and it does great, but not as effective on mature cg.

----This time of year our fescue it about toast unless it has been irrigated and on a fungicide program. What are my options on cg in fescue. I've used q4 and quincept with great results but only tried them when the temps were under 90. The other problem is that when using them there is a 28-30 day wait before seeding. So any treatments would have to be before mid August.

I sprayed my lawn with quincept about 1 1/2 weeks ago in the low 90's and I did not damage the fescue any. It sure did put the hammer down on the crabgrass and weeds. My lawn is a little over 2 acres. I did a test area in the back first and waited a week to see how the fescue would react. Once I saw that it was fine I went ahead and treated the rest of the yard. If your just going after crabgrass I would just use quinclorac generic or drive xlr8 along with mso. I mixed my quincept on the lighter side 2.6oz per thousand plus the mso. Cost me $230 to treat MY OWN DANG LAWN!

WestGaPineStraw
08-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Q4 on Bermuda works awesome. Tenacity is awesome on cg in centipede.
Posted via Mobile Device

weaver
08-22-2012, 08:56 PM
I just been using orthodox weed b gone Max with cab contol, seems to work OK but you have to spray the heck out of it. Works awesome for clover broad leaf & dandilines but only OK for cg. I just ordered some sedgehammer and hope it does better.

ProStreetCamaro
08-22-2012, 09:00 PM
I just been using orthodox weed b gone Max with cab contol, seems to work OK but you have to spray the heck out of it. Works awesome for clover broad leaf & dandilines but only OK for cg. I just ordered some sedgehammer and hope it does better.

You ordered sedgehammer for crabgrass? Why?

weaver
08-22-2012, 09:02 PM

It won't take care of it?

cgaengineer
08-22-2012, 09:10 PM
I'm still using old MSMA stock...blast that stuff out of permagreen...works great!
Posted via Mobile Device

cgaengineer
08-22-2012, 09:11 PM

Lol!
Posted via Mobile Device

cgaengineer
08-22-2012, 09:12 PM
It won't take care of it?

It's SEDGEHAMMER not crabhammer! ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

weaver
08-22-2012, 09:45 PM
It's SEDGEHAMMER not crabhammer! ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Well don't I feel like a dumb ass.... I thought I read somewhere here a guy said it knocked his cg out...

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Crabhammer, I like that. Who will come out with it first:)

overtona
08-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Grass master. I've been using xlr8 drive with mso. You can spray it on seeds and newly planted grass. Works fine. I'm not too far from you in Greenville. I'll be happy to share with you how it works for me.

Anthony

cgaengineer
08-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Well don't I feel like a dumb ass.... I thought I read somewhere here a guy said it knocked his cg out...

Sorry man, not aimed at you directly...just some ribbin'
Posted via Mobile Device