PDA

View Full Version : Suspend

spgseth
08-24-2012, 04:53 AM
Has anyone tried Suspend for bugs etc? Is there anthing better, I heard Telstar was a good product for insects but I live in the south (southwest louisiana) and I want something to control the mosquito's. Please if anyone has knowledge of a product that will control mosquito's please share, thanks.

humble1
08-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Suspend sc is a little pricey if I recall.
Talstar or and bifentherin works well high rate is 1oz per K

My favorite for bugs is demand cs as it has a lot of microcaps per sq inch.
Posted via Mobile Device

turfmd101
08-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Come on really. You want mosquito control in the swamp? Really. Lots of good controls but come on. Go to bass pro or gander you need to wear something. I suggest long sleeves & long pants. You could try a device you wear or installing equipment around the property. Seriously good luck with that. We struggle with that in FL.
Posted via Mobile Device

spgseth
08-25-2012, 08:15 AM
tufmd101, just seeing if someone new something I didn't. I see some signs in some people's yards that state NO MOSQUITO's GUARANTED. Wonder what their using?

turfmd101
08-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Sorry. I didn't mean to sound so sarcastic. I just thought how the heck? In central Florida several large service companies I know fog talstar around the house perimeter. They believe they are getting sufficient control to give guarantee. Maybe they are. I Just don't understand the mechanics of how they could. Like great deer control, or bird control. I have yet to meet someone who have been greatly successful at that. I think it's more luck than insecticide. Meaning by the time someone finally called for service because they are fed up the apps done but this batch of mosquitoes is already on the outs. But fogging will perform better than surface spraying. The one thing I know that works are mosquito dunks if you can find their pool of breeding.
Posted via Mobile Device

spgseth
08-25-2012, 10:15 AM
I never tried the telstar but guess I might have to give it a try. My brother has a friend that works for the mosquito control in calcasieu parish, I'll interogate him and share what information he can tell me. Nothing worst than trying to have a few beers and admire your hard work when mosquito's try to claim the night. O, don't worry about insulting me my skin is plenty thick enough.