PDA

View Full Version : fun day

irrig8r
08-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Got into a lighting transformer today and found tight sticky webs inside and out. Smashed 3 spider eggs cases, looked for a black widow and didn't find her until I noticed she was on the lid... which was in my hand.

Yeah, dropped that fast. Then flipped her over with a stick and saw that red hourglass before I dispatched her...

Sorry sweetie, it was either you or me.

Shook me up a little but went on to fix a short in tree light wiring, enabling a run with a tripped breaker to come back on.

Then wired an SCB socket and Illumicare omnidirectional SCB LED into a pendant fixture with frosted glass...

Previous contractor had wired in a PAR 36... so wrong for this fixture. I'll try to take a picture next week.

stebs
08-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Sounds like an interesting time. Only thing worse than that is opening up a box (or taking off a downspout like the other day) is finding an occupied wasp nest with some upset occupants.

Lite4
08-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Sounds like an interesting time. Only thing worse than that is opening up a box (or taking off a downspout like the other day) is finding an occupied wasp nest with some upset occupants.

OH Yeah, been there, done that. I always carry a couple cans of wasp spray in my service van so I can nuke the nest and pick off a few mid-air.

S&MLL
08-27-2012, 03:04 AM
Do you shoot wasp spray inside a transformer?
Posted via Mobile Device

Lite4
08-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Do you shoot wasp spray inside a transformer?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ha, no. I knock the nest out and proceed to flush with liberal amounts of spray and then proceed to stomp....and then usually run a little bit too.

The Lighting Geek
08-27-2012, 02:36 PM
I once had a very pissed off rattlesnake in a closed valve box once. It had slipped down the finger hole in the lid. My guy opened it and it shot out like a snake in a can. He screamed. Needless to say he had a new method and dance he did every time he'd open one in the future. He was hilarious to watch, so we always asked him to check the valve boxes just so we could laugh our butts off.

Richie@
08-27-2012, 03:27 PM
I once had a very pissed off rattlesnake in a closed valve box once. It had slipped down the finger hole in the lid. My guy opened it and it shot out like a snake in a can. He screamed. Needless to say he had a new method and dance he did every time he'd open one in the future. He was hilarious to watch, so we always asked him to check the valve boxes just so we could laugh our butts off.

Home Depot plumbing section sells these small 1/2 inch white plugs that fit in that hole of the valve box nicely.