PDA

View Full Version : Striping kits

Scag48
08-16-2000, 09:50 PM
Has anyone ever made a striping kit for a 21"? My stripes are pretty good but I want to improve them. Is there a company out there that makes them? Anyone have any ideas about an old fashioned homemade one? Thanks for the info.

Evan528
08-17-2000, 12:18 AM
use a high lift blade and make sure the flap on the back is on there.

Mowman
08-17-2000, 08:09 PM
SCAG,
I HAVE A 21" TORO COMMERICAL WB AND IT STRIPES GREAT. I DOUGHT THAT YOUR MTD OR WAL-MART SPECIALS CAN MATCH A TORO. REMEMBER, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. CHEAP MOWERS ARE NOT GOING TO GIVE THE QUALITY OF CUT THAT A MORE EXPENSIVE MOWER WILL GIVE. NOW THAT I BOUGHT MY WALKER MY 21" NEVER COMES OFF THE TRAILER EXCEPT FOR ONE LAWN. SHE SAYS NO WALKER, NEXT YEAR I SAY WALKER OR HIRE SOMEONE ELSE. ALSO I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT TIGHT ASSES, I LIVE IN A RURAL FARM AREA AND PEOPLE ARE TIGHTER THAN A VIRGIN. I CHANGED HOW I BID JOBS NOW. I GIVE THEM MY MIN.CHARGE THEN I TELL THEM I WILL KNOCK OFF $5.00 FOR A SENOIR DISCOUNT AND THEY THINK THEY ARE GETTING A DEAL. NOT, I JUST UP WHAT I WANT 5 BUCKS AND THEY THINK THEY ARE GETTING ME. HA! HA! WORKS FOR ME, MAYBE YOU COULD TRY IT. WORKS ON EVERYBODY ELSE ALSO, SAY YOU WANT $20.00 TO CUT IT, TELL THEM YOU WANT $25.00 OR $30.00 AND THEN BLOW SUNSHINE UP THEIR BUTT AND SAY OK I'LL DO YOUR LAWN FOR $20.00 THEY THINK THEY ARE GETTING A GOOD DEAL AND YOU ARE STILL GETTING WHAT YOU WANTED IN THE FIRST PLACE. TELL THEM THAT PRICE INCULDES CUTTING,TRIMMING AND EDGING WALKS & DRIVE, AND BLOW. IT HAS BEEN WORKING SO FAR FOR ME. TOOK ME 2 YEARS TO FIGURE THESE TIGHT ASSES OUT. GOOD LUCK, MOWMAN

bucktail
08-17-2000, 08:38 PM
I dont know scag is not the trimming type

Scag48
08-17-2000, 08:42 PM
Mowman-I have a Toro. Not a commercial but it's a Toro. I just want a very definate stripe but don't want to raise my cutting height. Everyone is giving me a hard time because my minimum is alot lower than theirs. Cheap people are very tough here...they're everywhere!

Scag48
08-17-2000, 08:44 PM
Bucktail-Just because my customers don't want me to trim every week doesn't mean I don't want to.