PDA

View Full Version : dumb question about iron

vaacutabove
08-25-2012, 04:03 PM
I have used a little Iron the past few years but. Is chelated iron all about the same I am looking for something that I could add to a few different rounds. my rep is trying to sell me the most expensive thing he has. I know its his job but looking to not over buy if I don't have to.

Smallaxe
08-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Chelated is better than non-chelated, but I don't think there is trash chelated and servicable chelated... I could be wrong...

vaacutabove
08-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Thats kinda what i was thinking. He keeps trying to say it will last longer and it may but the labels all say retreat in 2-3 weeks a does it last a full six
Posted via Mobile Device

Think Green
08-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Va,
I don't know what your rep is trying to sell you but.........chelated is better and is a source that is easily absorbed and taken by the plant. Since Iron is a slow plant mobile nutrient, it will be mowed out and thus needs periodic treatments when nitrate sources is low. With a consistent program, the N and iron can be used together or placed down with ammonium sulfate. I use ammonium sulfate on bermuda and zoysia. I supplemented this season with Jackson Perkins fertilizers with complete minor nutrients. The growth is more stable but the color is short lived. The slow release stableized nitrogen and sulfur coated urea makes a good choice for me. This is my two cents......the reps are meaning well for the pocket book.

vaacutabove
08-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Thats kinda what i was thinking chelated is just about all the same anyone have a good choice to look into i have used feature pro. Iron and micros. And precision uptake. Dont know that i went heavy enough with the uptake.
Posted via Mobile Device