PDA

View Full Version : fungal disease

WernerK
08-26-2012, 05:19 PM
I have a new customer that has a real bad fungal disease on her front lawn, I sprayed her yard to help, But she was In a hurry I guess she hired a person that is going to spray her whole front lawn with round up to kill it then he is going to put 1 inch of soil on top then hydro-seed It. Is this what needs to be done? I thought a fungal disease was in the soil not the grass. To me she will have the same problem again in a couple of years.

Smallaxe
08-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Fungal germs are everywhere, all the time, just like the common cold... it is cultural practices and environmental hazards that cause them to overtake a healthy organism...
Mid-Summer Burnout, is called fungal disease all the time... Chances are, there was nothing more going on outside of mowing too short and too often, in the heat...

WernerK
08-26-2012, 07:14 PM
It is not the mowing or the heat the back yard is just fine it is only the front the has the fungus disease.

jvanvliet
08-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Turn off the irrigation; treat with Heritage according to label directions. May require several applications.

Best bet, call a Pest Control Operator.

WernerK
08-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Guess you guys are not understanding my question. Because I stated that I already spray with a fungicide and it was Heritage G Fungicide I did this last week. I also stated to the customer that that problem would take some time to fix. But what I wanted to know was.

She was In a hurry I guess she hired a person that is going to spray her whole front lawn with round up to kill it then he is going to put 1 inch of soil on top then hydro-seed It. Do you think this will fix the fungus problem. I ask because he is charging her 950.00 to do a 700 sq feet area which I think is outrageous. And I don't think this will fix the problem.

kirk1701
08-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Guess you guys are not understanding my question. Because I stated that I already spray with a fungicide and it was Heritage G Fungicide I did this last week. I also stated to the customer that that problem would take some time to fix. But what I wanted to know was.

She was In a hurry I guess she hired a person that is going to spray her whole front lawn with round up to kill it then he is going to put 1 inch of soil on top then hydro-seed It. Do you think this will fix the fungus problem. I ask because he is charging her 950.00 to do a 700 sq feet area which I think is outrageous. And I don't think this will fix the problem.

Thats a whole lot of money she's throwing away
The heritage was all that was required and your right, now it just has to take time and grow out.

2. Round up? Ok there goes the heritage up in smoke just save the $$$ and give it to me please. Then reseed; more money up in smoke, top soil; dam this lady has money to burn why not just ask her for a $5,000 check :laugh:

3. The fungus is a soil born organism, it will be back. It will need to be treated again with heritage of other fungicide and it will need to be done on a regular basis through the summer months and as Smallaxe pointed out cultural practices is a big part of it.

It sounds like she's not listening to you so time to cut your losses before she ends up blaming you for the problem next time around.

Clearys, Eagle and heritage rotate one each month

Smallaxe
08-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Which fungal disease and which cultural practices allow it to flourish??? one size fits all is not what is needed here... another thing to look at is what is different about the back yard in contrast to the front???

You lost the client becuz you didn't have anything solid to tell her... if she has fungus,,, she is doing something wrong...

Professional LCOs are able to label the problem and propose a solution, based on reasons why... treating symptoms, with a one size fits all perscription, w/out addressing why this happened, doesn't bode well for customer confidence...