PDA

View Full Version : Groovin'

Rufur
08-16-2000, 09:05 PM
I got this property with a moderate hill sloping towards the house tonight I passed it- gets cut tomorrow- and there are still grooves where the tires rolled overif seen from an angle unfortunately this angle view you cant see the stripes ..this is the only property where these grooves occur..it has been mowed 3 times in this direction/path its 30 degree diagonal on the hill Im using a 36 bobcat belt they are not ruts or ribs its just the grass wont come back up anybody know whats going on?

Guido
08-17-2000, 05:20 PM
I agree with the dry turf idea. It dries out and gets ran over, doesn't come back up and eventually will prob die and turn brown.

Hope this Helps!

bob
08-17-2000, 08:24 PM
I agree with Andrews and Guido. The grass is probably under stress from the heat(I'm assuming it's hot there). If it's not growing much, try skipping some cuts.

Eric ELM
08-17-2000, 08:30 PM
I agree with the others on it being dry. A hillside will dry out first normally and that's probably why it happened there first. As soon as it gets some water, this will go away. Good way to sell aerating. Aerating helps hillsides take in more water.

Rufur
08-17-2000, 09:13 PM
I think you guys are right on it I think the grass is stressed most all grass around here is getting a bluish-grey tint even by late morning....its a difficult diagnosis because temps have been down and steady moisture has kept all grass around here growing which is unusual at this time of the year .. on this same lawn there is a brown spot--its the orange color so I dont think its just dormant..I think its called brown spot its a disease...and this spot has been getting bigger and more noticeable which would mean that the grass may be stressed to let this invade....this leads me to a second question..what do you guys do when a lawn is under a disease? do you mow around it? reason Im wondering is because I was told you gotta sterilize hedge trimmers if you trim shrubs with a fungus....anyway, thanks for responding and I will try to sell some aerating on hills!

moonarrow
08-17-2000, 09:51 PM
use a fungicide on the brown spot, as soon as possible or it will kill the grass

John DiMartino
08-17-2000, 10:54 PM
Yuor weapons against brownpatch :bayleton,daconil,banner maxx,lesco twosome,scotts fungicide 7 or 8.etc...Good luck,get it now especially if humidity is high,we are starting to see algae on our greens for the first time in 11 years,it is so moist in the northeast this year that these diseases are thriving.My friends new bluegrass lawn is full of rust,it gets all over your shoes and mower deck.