PDA

View Full Version : What's your choice for Sedge

BikePilot
08-26-2012, 11:38 PM
I have been using Certainty for kylinga and sedges, and Celsius for grassy weeds. I like the control of Certainty but not the slow to see results.

So, can someone give me their opinion for control of Kylinga and primarily Yellow Nutsedge. What would be really awesome is if someone has used Certainty, Solitaire, and Dismiss and could give me the comparison of the 3. In my area Yellow Nutsedge is the most problematic weed and I am looking at maybe trying Dismiss or Dismiss South. I deal with warm season grasses in high hot temps and high humidity. I am not looking to break the bank but the Yellow Nutsedge is such a problem in my area that if I had to spend a little more on the product I would probably get business from neighbors. I have read about Dismiss and it seems to have good control and help prevent for the future.

Thanks for ya'lls info!

cgaengineer
08-26-2012, 11:55 PM
Sedge was bad this season. I tried Solitaire with not so great results...went back to my old MSMA stock.
Posted via Mobile Device

BikePilot
08-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I don't have any MSMA. Wish I did but on to more expensive things for them to outlaw in the future!

GreenThumb11
08-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Dismiss works great!! but in some warm season grasses it does cause a little damage. I mainly use it in bermuda.

lawns Etc
08-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Pro Sedge/Sedge Hammer not the fastest results but kills it and doesnt come back as much as with others

Snapper12
08-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Had great luck so far this year with Dismiss

BikePilot
08-27-2012, 01:44 PM
lawns Etc, do you see any damage to turf when using pro sedge/sedge hammer in high temps? thanks

lawns Etc
08-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Absolutely no damage with ProSedge up to 95Degrees on fescue/bluegrass. Second yr using it and results are slow about 10 days but no top burn like with the Dismiss/Solitare/Q4 types I used a case of Solitare and not worth it if you ask me I liked Q4 alot better. Ive been mixing Pro Sedge and Drive granular together if there is alot of CG mixed in with great results knocks out clover really well too with the drive.

fmcprosolutions
08-29-2012, 01:09 AM
Dismiss works great!! but in some warm season grasses it does cause a little damage. I mainly use it in bermuda.

Thanks for the feedback on Dismiss. Have you tried Blindside yet? This is a new WDG formulation with an optimized amount of sulfentrazone (Dismiss) and metsulfuron (Manor) for sedge and broadleaf weed control. It's labeled for St. Augustinegrass, too, which is sometimes noted with issues using the liquid formulation of Dismiss. The WDG version doesn't have the same solvents, so it's a little easier on turf. No surfactants needed with our sulfentrazone-based products.

Turf Dawg
08-29-2012, 09:38 AM
I was just wondering from you Dismiss or Blindside users, does it last very long?
I asked my supplier what he recommended between the Dismiss, Blindside and Certainty and he said Certainty. He said the Certainty takes longer to work but keeps the Sedges out longer also. He said it seems like with the Blindside you get fast knockdown but in 6-8 weeks you will need to treat again and with the Certainty you get months of control. Some of the ones I started with back in June with Certainty or still clean so I can say it does last awhile, just wondering about the other two.

RigglePLC
08-29-2012, 04:35 PM
I think Sedgehammer is better.

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
08-29-2012, 08:17 PM
We have acceptable resultts with sedgehammer. But not great.
Posted via Mobile Device

lawns Etc
08-29-2012, 10:43 PM
I use 3 gallon water 6 oz 80/20 Surfectant and 3 1/2 of the spoon .9 gram each of sedgehammer to treat approx 3000 sq ft and it works but I wait till its dry for a day and no water or mowing for 2 days and have very good results. If they do water or mow I will not warrant the job.

greendoctor
08-29-2012, 10:57 PM
2 oz surfactant per gallon. How does the grass hold up? The most I use is 1 oz per gallon MSO. Otherwise, I would imagine that mix being very well absorbed by the weeds.

lawns Etc
08-30-2012, 12:32 AM
The only one I put that much in with is sedgehammer prosedge. With tttf and kbg I see little to no affect on the turf. That's spraying up to about 95*
Posted via Mobile Device

Snapper12
08-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Dismiss knocks it's down in 48 hours.

lawns Etc
09-04-2012, 04:50 PM
I have a bit of turf damage from dismiss and it seems to come back the next yr more than with sedgehammer

ArTurf
09-04-2012, 11:42 PM
I have been using Certainty for kylinga and sedges, and Celsius for grassy weeds. I like the control of Certainty but not the slow to see results.

So, can someone give me their opinion for control of Kylinga and primarily Yellow Nutsedge. What would be really awesome is if someone has used Certainty, Solitaire, and Dismiss and could give me the comparison of the 3. In my area Yellow Nutsedge is the most problematic weed and I am looking at maybe trying Dismiss or Dismiss South. I deal with warm season grasses in high hot temps and high humidity. I am not looking to break the bank but the Yellow Nutsedge is such a problem in my area that if I had to spend a little more on the product I would probably get business from neighbors. I have read about Dismiss and it seems to have good control and help prevent for the future.

Thanks for ya'lls info!

I haven't tried it but others on here speak highly of basagran for yellow nutsedge and the price is very good compared to some of the others. Might look into it.