PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Tracks

Dirtman2007
08-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Had a track fall off my big machine today and I had to get a little creative to get it back on the machine by myself and with no other machine to help lift it on.
I made a video showing how I did it and figured this could be a good topic for people to share their challenges they've had to deal with while working alone.

video of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUYrkqKjFEE

Cornell
08-27-2012, 09:51 PM
Love that Chris!

Never come close to walking a track off on an ex but now I know how to do it alone! ... considering that's how it usually is.

I rolled the track completely off the Bobcat T770 (sprocket, front and rear idlers) and got it back on myself in about 45 minutes with a chain, some metal silt fence posts I found and using the bucket plus a boulder to push the front idler back

It's a good feeling when it starts tracking right again. :laugh:

larryinalabama
08-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Cool video. I have a 3000lb mini excavator and that might help me in the future.

I once saw a youtubevideo of someone stripping a girls cloths off with a machine 2x times the size of yours.

TomG
08-27-2012, 10:45 PM
That is a really great video.

Here is a video of mine, only the first 40sec really relates to this post, but its helped me out sooo many times when I have thrown a track on my CTL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6bWEX9oJ9g

Dirtman2007
08-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Love that Chris!

Never come close to walking a track off on an ex but now I know how to do it alone! ... considering that's how it usually is.

I rolled the track completely off the Bobcat T770 (sprocket, front and rear idlers) and got it back on myself in about 45 minutes with a chain, some metal silt fence posts I found and using the bucket plus a boulder to push the front idler back

It's a good feeling when it starts tracking right again. :laugh:

I think thats the 3rd time Ive rolled one off that machine in the 4200hrs ive put on it. U/C is getting some miles on it and the swamp pads makes it easy to do if you get one side hung on a stump.

Now that old daewoo we had for Nestorius for throwing one off about 4pm on a friday. I've have one come off once and hell when it was all said and done I was just dog walking it on one track while throwing the one that fell off back to dry land!

Cornell
08-29-2012, 01:41 AM
I think thats the 3rd time Ive rolled one off that machine in the 4200hrs ive put on it. U/C is getting some miles on it and the swamp pads makes it easy to do if you get one side hung on a stump.

Now that old daewoo we had for Nestorius for throwing one off about 4pm on a friday. I've have one come off once and hell when it was all said and done I was just dog walking it on one track while throwing the one that fell off back to dry land!

I'm sure with those 36" pads :laugh:

2 years ago I watched a guy dog walk a PC600 about 500 yards when the track came off. That was fun to watch.