PDA

View Full Version : What are you paying experienced spray techs?

replenish&subdue
08-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Do you pay overtime,health insurance,vacation. How about quotas,what do you expect from your employee?

humble1
09-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Do you pay overtime,health insurance,vacation. How about quotas,what do you expect from your employee?

I pay ot, I pay holidays, I pay a few sick days, christmas bonus. We will be looking into insurance next year. I am thinking about a fair bonus or commission structure for next year. Still need to figure a chargeback where if the customer cancels or we get a callback if the tech rushes thru the job to make a quota.
Posted via Mobile Device

replenish&subdue
09-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Humble 1,
I am on the same page except the quota part. Quotas employees find it tempting to cut corners and have call backs or worse.

humble1
09-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Humble 1,
I am on the same page except the quota part. Quotas employees find it tempting to cut corners and have call backs or worse.

Thats why there has to be a fair and legal way to have them lose the production bonus or the quota bonus for cutting corners and getting a callback.

replenish&subdue
09-02-2012, 02:17 PM
I once worked for a company where at the end of the year we received a bonus-maybe. It was based on a number of factors. Perhaps you could throw in your bonus points for or against according to complaints (customers or your own),productivity,dependability,honesty,initiative,valve to company (can do maintenance,PR,example). Bonus amount should be kept to one's self.No system is perfect or even fair but may they honor your attempt.
There are always cases where I pull my hair out like telling my employee clearly not to ever,never carry blue dye in the cab of the truck. Ever try to clean almost a gallon of blue dye. I am still discovering it to this day. Or my employee putting gas in my diesel-again.

RigglePLC
09-02-2012, 09:37 PM
My suggestion. Give out a bonus check every week. Say $50...however...cut it in half, if a mistake was made. Increase, if good week. Base pay can be a little lower.

In time--the closer the reward to the correct behavior--the stronger is the reinforcement of the desired behavior. Principle of psychology.
Ideally, the manager himself should inspect a few lawns every week.

Recognition. Top-performing employees should get a bigger bonus and a certificate in front of the whole crew. Stand him on a pedestal, play the Star Spangled Banner, and have the best office girl give him a kiss. (Guys love to show-off in front of women). He should get a special reward--gold bar for his shirt. Perhaps a new spreader, or the best truck, the best parking place for the week, gets to drive the boss's car for the week, lunch with the boss, out to dinner with the boss for he and his wife. Plus of course--promise of a better job or management position soon.

Maybe you can write off the cost of the dinner and lease on your new Cadillac as a business expense.

DUSTYCEDAR
09-02-2012, 10:12 PM
have the best office girl give him a kiss
that will get u in some trouble lol
but i like all the other ideas

P.Services
09-02-2012, 10:26 PM
My suggestion. Give out a bonus check every week. Say $50...however...cut it in half, if a mistake was made. Increase, if good week. Base pay can be a little lower.

In time--the closer the reward to the correct behavior--the stronger is the reinforcement of the desired behavior. Principle of psychology.
Ideally, the manager himself should inspect a few lawns every week.

Recognition. Top-performing employees should get a bigger bonus and a certificate in front of the whole crew. Stand him on a pedestal, play the Star Spangled Banner, and have the best office girl give him a kiss. (Guys love to show-off in front of women). He should get a special reward--gold bar for his shirt. Perhaps a new spreader, or the best truck, the best parking place for the week, gets to drive the boss's car for the week, lunch with the boss, out to dinner with the boss for he and his wife. Plus of course--promise of a better job or management position soon.

Maybe you can write off the cost of the dinner and lease on your new Cadillac as a business expense.

wow that makes me want to come work for you!!!! sounds like a dream job!!