PDA

View Full Version : New Zoysia Browning in Places

libertarian
08-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Hey guys - just found this forum and hoping y'all can help me. Just had Zoysia laid in our backyard a few weeks ago. Brought in some top soil and tilled. From my perspective (uneducated) soil prep was fine. It is doing really well in spots and it is browning in other spots. This is in the backyard and we have a lot of shade - however, certain areas that don't get much sun are doing fine so I'm inclined to think it's not a sun issue. We've had an inordinate amount of rain for several weeks now and I'm thinking drainage is not as good in areas where it's browning. That said, we don't have and have never had standing water. Any ideas on what I can do about this? I'm having the guys who laid it come look at it but wanted to get some input here. Is this fungus? Can it be saved?

Photos attached. Many thanks!

ReddensLawnCare
08-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Found this for you

A: Zoysiagrass needs 3 full hours of sunlight per day. It will not grow well directly under any tree that provides more shade than that. Trimming the lower branches may allow enough sun to get in. Some trees require (and create) acidic soil. No grass will do well under such a tree. We suggest some other type of landscaping in these areas.
Posted via Mobile Device