PDA

View Full Version : Herbicide Apps and Re-Seeding Conundrum, What' Your Thought's

White Gardens
08-31-2012, 06:04 PM
So, we are getting into re-seeding/over-seeding season. Usually runs between Sept 1st- October 1st.

So, with that in mind, I usually wait till the last of Sept, first of Oct to do my fall herbicide apps.

No with the drought this year, I will be doing lots of seeding applications. So is it better to go ahead and try to get my fall apps done early in order to do a late season seeding, or would you seed now and wait till later to spray?

Thanks

Nick

agrostis
08-31-2012, 06:20 PM
I would seed first.

cemars
08-31-2012, 07:34 PM
Agree with White Gardens, seed first as your window is not very long but keep in mind that if time allows many herbicides such as Square One can be used right before or alter seeding so you can have your cake and eat it too.

Smallaxe
09-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Even this far North, the ability of weeds to drink in the herbicides with gusto, sometimes continues into Thanksgiving... it is certainly more important to have a lot of extra grass in the Spring,,, than to worry about a few new broadleaf weeds until June... JMO... :)