PDA

View Full Version : Feed back please

rcreech
09-01-2012, 09:36 AM
We had a commercial on EAB about 2 months ago and it went well.

We decided that since the summer was so bad and there are so many bad lawns that we would do one on seeding now.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Hope this link works

http://youtu.be/_tWcYPnbsBg

grassman177
09-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Not bad rodney, we are confirmed eab now and will be offering treatments next season.
Posted via Mobile Device

phasthound
09-01-2012, 10:35 AM
You're looking good, Rodney.
Some constructive criticism; are your prospects more interested is seeing heavy equipment or the results of a job well done?
I would consider ending with a shot of a young family playing with their kids on the lawn.

RigglePLC
09-01-2012, 11:19 AM
You asked. Good commercial. I agree with Barry.
End with kids, dog, father and mother--all attractive--with perfect grass. Grass always looks better when photographed on a dark day--not sunny. Last few seconds--photographically--background is too bright--which causes your face to be too dark. And you are standing in front of a brown lawn. Shoot in front of a green lawn with a dark leafy background, if possible.
I also felt--too much equipment--costly and you are proud of it--I am sure.
I thought the woman was forced to talk too fast. And too many different scenes and cuts. There were several phrases that I didn't catch the first time. Simplify. Perhaps add a graphic to show how your equipment places the seed IN THE SOIL for very high germination.
You didn't mention how you were going to use better, greener, more disease and insect resistant seed. Were those before and after photos? You didn't say that. Could you get better before and after shots?
No time, but you could mention how this week is the best time to reseed, and why fall is better than spring. And how you include your special blend starter fertilizer to strengthen roots and promote turf thickness.
OK, sorry. I thought you included too much--and then suggested you add more.

RigglePLC
09-01-2012, 11:40 AM
I liked this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUO9gV99DZM&feature=related

Ric
09-01-2012, 12:14 PM
You're looking good, Rodney.
Some constructive criticism; are your prospects more interested is seeing heavy equipment or the results of a job well done?
I would consider ending with a shot of a young family playing with their kids on the lawn.

Great Commercial until I read the above comment. We all take great pride in our equipment and want to show it off. I feel how equipment is shown is just as important as showing too much equipment. I agree with Slow Dog with showing more Green Lawns. BUT I would show my big equipment on big fields not in the front yard with a sidewalk. As a Home owner I don't want big equipment on my postage stamp lawn caving in my irrigation or septic system etc. I might even make a statement about doing both Big & Small jobs. That small patch in the back yard can turn into a total yard reseed real quick.

Bottom line is, Did you have a good response and does the advertisement pay for it's self?

Exact Rototilling
09-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Showing the dried up dormant lawn enforces the point, all the equipment shots shows your serious about it. The shot with the tractor is a bit much in the fore ground. Possibly a bit more focus on the end results. Overall I like it. I like the lawn medic logo as well. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman177
09-01-2012, 02:48 PM
all perfectly great criticism points and i agree with it all. great job again rod, a very good start. i think it very well may be a great seller with the above points implemented.

rcreech
09-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the awesome feed back!!!!

I think what we were trying to promote was the it takes special equipment and that we can take care of them.

Some very good points!!!!!

Thanks
RC

RigglePLC
09-05-2012, 11:04 PM
It takes special equipment; say that. Its something no one else can do, say that. And say something like "On sale this week; book your order now as the best time slots are filling up fast." Add some urgency! Women love to buy stuff on sale. You ever hear: "Look honey, I saved 20 dollars on this new pair of shoes!"

rcreech
09-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Problem is...you can't believe how fast 30 seconds go. I wish I had 2 minutes and then I could educate.

This is more of a...here we are, this is what we have and call us.

But I hear ya!

Efficiency
09-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Rod, how many spots you buy?
What are you doing to make this trackable in terms of call in and non call response?

rcreech
09-09-2012, 04:44 PM
60 - 30 second spots

Every customer that calls we ask how they heard about us

Then when added to Real Green they are coded as a referral, home show or TV spot etc.

You can then run many different reports just on that input alone.

Our main goal is to pick up seeding jobs but we also look at it more for continued branding and to also pick up their apps.

Two good seeding jobs and the commercial is paid for.

Then if u can get their lawn and maybe an EAB job on top of that it is money n the bank.

Works well!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Efficiency
09-10-2012, 09:47 AM
how much you have to spend for that amount? Clear channel pressed hard to get some $$ out of us this fall. Not having any control over where the ads will land (as with yours), I just couldnt commit to that. I cant believe that 2 good jobs will pay for those spots.

We are sending out 150k direct mailers this fall. Sold 39 new lawn programs from them and only 25k have hit the mail boxes so far.... you should call if you get one. haha

rcreech
09-11-2012, 07:46 AM
how much you have to spend for that amount? Clear channel pressed hard to get some $$ out of us this fall. Not having any control over where the ads will land (as with yours), I just couldnt commit to that. I cant believe that 2 good jobs will pay for those spots.

We are sending out 150k direct mailers this fall. Sold 39 new lawn programs from them and only 25k have hit the mail boxes so far.... you should call if you get one. haha

They were running a special for $2500 called Road Trippin for 60 - 30 second commercials and a web commercial on their site.

I spent $3000 for 60-15 second commercials a few months back.

:dizzy:

You question 2 good jobs will pay for the spots?

Maybe you need to understand that our seeding jobs here are not small and that we do a lot of volume.

If you look at the equipment we have (right at 90 grand) you will quickly figure out we do mostly larger jobs and a ton of them. Yeah we still do the $200-700 jobs...but most of our jobs range from $1000-2000.

We have done several $3000-5000 jobs this year and still have a few huge ones on the books.

Two years ago I did a $13,000.

That is why I said "two good jobs" and its paid for.

Hard for you to believe now?

$2500 is a drop in the bucket when looking at those kinds of jobs.

You just have to pick what works best for you.

I have done mailers in the past and have had success and failures.

We like TV because you are reaching so many more homes, it is repetitive and it show more professionalism to a certain degree.

We are just as much about building brand as we are for "today's sale".

We look at it as a long term investment and the more people see us the more they will think about in the future (hopefully).

But the main thing is still sales of course if that makes sense.

RigglePLC
09-11-2012, 12:09 PM
TV is highly visual. Take advantage of the opportunities for some really good looking lawns, some bad-looking before photos...and some happy attractive customers with cute kids. And a dog--of course. The big company uses that dalmatian for a reason--a top professional advertising agency probably determined that it would work.

Take advantage this fall of any chance you have to photograph some really dark green pristine grass, early in the morning, slightly wet, on a dark cloudy day...that is when the grass looks the greenest. Get lots of pictures. Let the head advertising executive, or creative person, advise you--not the low-paid salesman. Use the same commercial next year, but improve it, fine tune it. Supercharge it.

Get the station to supply a better voice talent--pay more and get the best. Somebody that sounds like Charleton Heston, Darth Vader, or Tom Bodet; smooth, confident, articulate--every word distinct. And if you are targeting big commercial jobs be sure to mention that and appeal to that segment, and show a big job in one of you photos.

Efficiency
09-12-2012, 02:56 PM
feel better Rod? Seems like you have a short fuse and like to show us you know more. Congrats, you win!

phasthound
09-12-2012, 06:40 PM
feel better Rod? Seems like you have a short fuse and like to show us you know more. Congrats, you win!

I didn't read it that way. Without being face to face, it's very common to misinterpret the attitude behind a post or text.

rcreech
09-12-2012, 07:27 PM

Feel better?????

All I did was explain to u my comment!

Three good calls last two days from commercial

Look n at a 1.7 ac property tomorrow

:)
Posted via Mobile Device

rcreech
09-12-2012, 07:28 PM
I didn't read it that way. Without being face to face, it's very common to misinterpret the attitude behind a post or text.

He does this often

In no way did I say anything wrong or out of line

Not sure why and dont really care but we have a history of not get n long

I have even lost sleep over it

Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

rcreech
09-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Just and update:

Commercial ran all last week.

We ended up kicking butt. Today is Tuesday and the last day the commercial ran was Friday. We are still getting calls both yesterday and today.

Very very happy!