PDA

View Full Version : opinions on cat 277b with 18" tracks

woodlawnservice
09-02-2012, 01:29 AM
Mainly will b used for grading,landscaping and on turf....some snow removal... not much at all...has 2000 hours and they asking $18,500.... is the undercarriages Any better on these than the smaller ones? I hear lots of crap talk on like the 247 and what not.
Posted via Mobile Device

woodlawnservice
09-02-2012, 01:29 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

bobcat_ron
09-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Run like the wind. The bigger B Series are crap, the C series are slightly better. Both require selling a kidney to pay for repairs to the undercarriages.
Posted via Mobile Device

ksss
09-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Run like the wind. The bigger B Series are crap, the C series are slightly better. Both require selling a kidney to pay for repairs to the undercarriages.
Posted via Mobile Device

I would tolerate a worse ride and more track noise and get a CTL. The MTL's do some neat things but nothing neat enough to justify what it costs to run them. Then to top it all off, they are nearly worthless at trade in.

John_DeereGreen
09-02-2012, 03:35 PM
If you want the ASV undercarriage, buy an ASV machine.

If you just want tracks, or don't want an ASV machine, buy whatever CTL you like...for some reason the ASV undercarriage does better on their machines than the CAT stuff.

ksss
09-02-2012, 06:45 PM
If you want the ASV undercarriage, buy an ASV machine.

If you just want tracks, or don't want an ASV machine, buy whatever CTL you like...for some reason the ASV undercarriage does better on their machines than the CAT stuff.

ASV built the machine around the tracks and it shows. CAT mounted the ASV tracks to their skid steer and it also shows.

woodlawnservice
09-02-2012, 07:38 PM
So..... this is what I was afraid of with the cats.... I been really.leaning towards a mustang, gehl or taki
Posted via Mobile Device

John_DeereGreen
09-02-2012, 09:10 PM
ASV built the machine around the tracks and it shows. CAT mounted the ASV tracks to their skid steer and it also shows.

Hence the reason I love my ASV stuff, and hated the CAT that was before it...haha

dieselss
09-03-2012, 10:29 PM
The older asvs are bad too. We have 4. And 3 are always being repaired
Posted via Mobile Device

DUSTYCEDAR
09-03-2012, 10:51 PM
i run a 277b it will float on many places that the tacki wont go
it is a pain in the but when it needs fixed but with larry lugs and some love we got 1800 hurs out of the tracks doing swamp and wetlands mowing
the stumps mess up some tracks but they never fell off.
but for dirt work the tacki does just fine.
the tracks for the cat cost a lot i would not buy one unless you need to hang out in the wetlands.

ProTouch Groundscapes
09-06-2012, 12:15 PM
All depends on the type of work you do we do lots of landscaping and lawn installs so its nice to have our rc100 because it does very little damage to existing lawn even tree work because you cash drive over lawns with very little noticeable impact
Posted via Mobile Device