PDA

View Full Version : Zeon Zoysia is not growing

ncbassman316
09-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Hello Everyone,
For some reason why my Zoysia will not grow in a certain spot of my backyard. I have a lawncare service who fertilizes my yard but this is the only spot that will not grow. I had them come out to investigate it but they could not find anything specific that would be causing this. This is my 3rd year in a row with low growth in this area. Please let me know when your thoughts and experience has been with this. Also I had the grass aerated last year in hopes it would look more filled out this year but that did not pan out. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Joe

coolluv
09-03-2012, 07:03 AM
You have a rugrat problem. LOL

My guess is compaction.

Dave...

cgaengineer
09-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Bad soil in that area...compaction, poor soil
Posted via Mobile Device

Duekster
09-03-2012, 08:01 AM
construction debris

Think Green
09-03-2012, 10:01 AM
See how the turf is growing taller in places then short in others! It appears to be traffic compaction being so close to the patio. The kids is playing in this area and walking a lot as zoysia tolerates walking but not like bermuda. Zoysia is slow to repair from compaction, drought and other damages.

coolluv
09-03-2012, 11:20 AM
See how the turf is growing taller in places then short in others! It appears to be traffic compaction being so close to the patio. The kids is playing in this area and walking a lot as zoysia tolerates walking but not like bermuda. Zoysia is slow to repair from compaction, drought and other damages.

Yep....like I said...RugRat problem. :laugh:

Dave...

RigglePLC
09-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Perhaps as above a soil problem...sandy spot that dries out too quick, shallow soil underlain by cement or something...does you irrigation cover it OK?
Was this put in using plugs or seed? Handfull of plugs of a different variety?

ezf
09-22-2012, 02:39 AM
I had similar problem with my Emerald zoysia. I fixed it by raking compost in thin spots (preserving moisture, a remedy for poor soil underneath).