PDA

View Full Version : New wheels and tires on the truck along with some other things

pitrack
09-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Hey guys, haven't posted anything in awhile. I got a new set of wheels and tires for the truck as well as headlights, grill and got the bumpers powder coated black. The wheels are growing on me.

I know some guys say it's too much for a work truck, but I don't really care what you think to be honest. I tried not to overdo it and wanted to keep it clean looking.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/pitrack/DSC_0527-1.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/pitrack/DSC_0529.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/pitrack/DSC_0537-1.jpghttp://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/pitrack/DSC_0536.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/pitrack/DSC_0543.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/pitrack/DSC_0544.jpg

:)

hosejockey2002
09-04-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm a work truck guy myself, but I think your truck looks clean and professional. Nothing wrong with adding some personal touches. I really like the wheels and the blacked-out look. The lift makes the truck look good but it's not ridiculously tall like some I've seen. The plow mount kind of wrecks the look a little, but hey, you do use the truck for work, so what are you gonna do?

Landrus2
09-04-2012, 09:26 PM
It looks just like a ford.

pitrack
09-05-2012, 12:12 AM
I'm a work truck guy myself, but I think your truck looks clean and professional. Nothing wrong with adding some personal touches. I really like the wheels and the blacked-out look. The lift makes the truck look good but it's not ridiculously tall like some I've seen. The plow mount kind of wrecks the look a little, but hey, you do use the truck for work, so what are you gonna do?

Thanks for the words man. Yeah next summer I may take the mount off but now summer is almost over so I will just leave it on. I've just gotten used to it so I barely even seen it but it does look goofy.

It looks just like a ford.

Yeah I'm not seeing how it looks like a Ford.

noahb195
09-05-2012, 03:53 PM
AHHHHHHH!!!!! Damn! It looked awesome before but now im just really speechless you have done a fantastic job with that Dodge.

JNB Construction
09-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Looks good! Who makes those wheels?

KrayzKajun
09-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Truck looks awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

TriCountyLawn
09-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Looks nice...but personally hate the rims and the whole blacked out thing. How does it work when ya need to use the bed of the truck ? I can think of alot of things I would spend money on before tricking out my work truck.

pitrack
09-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Thanks everyone!

Looks good! Who makes those wheels?

They are "Fuel Hostage" wheels.

Looks nice...but personally hate the rims and the whole blacked out thing. How does it work when ya need to use the bed of the truck ? I can think of alot of things I would spend money on before tricking out my work truck.

I'm not sure about what you mean when I have to use the bed of the truck?...trust me, it gets used.

Like this?
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/pitrack/DSC_0057_fhdr-1.jpg

I understand some people think the blacked out thing is played out but I still dig it. I'm sure there are things you would spend your money on that I wouldn't, fair enough. :drinkup:

fatz
09-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Love it!! Been thinking about doing something similar to my truck, but figured I'd wait until I trade in for something else. I plan on getting either an F250 or Ram 2500 next year.

rbljack
09-06-2012, 05:36 AM
thats one of the nicest truck set ups ive seen on here. Work truck, lift kit, overkill?? I definitly dont think that. I have only one gripe with that truck...it aint a mega cab! Looks awesome man...and Im sure it gets noticed a lot.

I love the blacked out look too. I seen the pictures with it attached to the matching trailer and love that look!

True enough, the plow mount does look WAY out of place. But..its a work truck...LOL

TriCountyLawn
09-06-2012, 08:54 PM
I like the rims in the plow mode pic better ..lol Not slammin or nothing , just cant justify dropping coin to have to lift spreaders,blowers,grass etc HIGHER. My cousin runs Fords and always laughs at how low my Chevy sits. I let him laugh.

Theres a const company local to me that has crazy lifts with super swampers and full body tool boxes. They have 1 step benches that they get out and move around the truck as they need things out. I watched a guy fight a 100' cord that must have been wrapped around every tool in the bed for a good 10 mins one day. Didnt look very cool...haha

That said, I have never seen a blacked out work truck like that around here. So I wouldn't say its played out. ....Maybe blacked out caprices with spinning rims...lol

poolboy
09-06-2012, 09:58 PM
IMHO, it's a waste of money.
Posted via Mobile Device

Scagboy715
09-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Dang man im so envious!!!!

pitrack
09-06-2012, 11:32 PM
I like the rims in the plow mode pic better ..lol Not slammin or nothing , just cant justify dropping coin to have to lift spreaders,blowers,grass etc HIGHER. My cousin runs Fords and always laughs at how low my Chevy sits. I let him laugh.

Theres a const company local to me that has crazy lifts with super swampers and full body tool boxes. They have 1 step benches that they get out and move around the truck as they need things out. I watched a guy fight a 100' cord that must have been wrapped around every tool in the bed for a good 10 mins one day. Didnt look very cool...haha

That said, I have never seen a blacked out work truck like that around here. So I wouldn't say its played out. ....Maybe blacked out caprices with spinning rims...lol
I understand. Actually I only have about 3" of lift on the truck, but I know what you mean.
IMHO, it's a waste of money.
Posted via Mobile Device

Like I said earlier I enjoy spending money on my truck as I'm sure you enjoy spending money on things you like. Good for you :weightlifter:

Lux Lawn
01-04-2013, 01:03 AM
great looking truck.

Valk
01-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Your blacked-out look makes for a sharp understated macho looking truck...imho. Some like shiny bling...some don't. Good job.

Green-Man
01-04-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm going to do the same thing to my truck when I get it. Make it look awesome like yours! I'm gonna do something with red since its my favorite color. Let people hate on it being your work truck and all because its nice and your putting money into it lol. People are gonna know who you are just by that truck. Again looks great!
Posted via Mobile Device

Falcon50EX
01-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Looks great but could you clean up the snow plow attachment. I know nothing about that area or how you attach the plow but the truck is so clean and then you see that hanging down.
Your trailer look nice also

DannyLot
01-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Is that truck for work an personal or just work? Def looks good though I like it !

pitrack
01-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Looks great but could you clean up the snow plow attachment. I know nothing about that area or how you attach the plow but the truck is so clean and then you see that hanging down.
Your trailer look nice also

The mount is bolted to the frame and somewhat of a PITA to take off but next spring I will take it off for the summer.

Is that truck for work an personal or just work? Def looks good though I like it !

It's for both right now. I hope to one day have a dedicated work truck then a personal/toy truck.