PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailer with pallet width door

grassmasterswilson
09-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Im interested in an enclosed setup with the ability to load pallets through the side door. I may have 1 pallet at the time or what I need loaded by hand.

My first question I weight. Fert in the front and zspray in the back. What size water tank could be put in the middle?

For those who have this what brands make a trailer with a door option like this? Any setup tips? This is an offseason project that I may look into.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tscape
09-04-2012, 09:47 AM
I have been running this type of setup for years with great satisfaction. I do not have a water tank in the trailer, but would think with 5200# axles you could handle 100 gallons.

Tscape
09-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Also, I put E-trak down on the floor parallel to the side of the trailer. Then I cut a 2x8 to fit, sliding it into board pockets for e-trak. Then I drilled for eye bolts which take ratchet straps and they attach to the e-track about 3 fett behind the board. The door shuts and the machine is perfectly cradled between the board and the rear door.

grassmasterswilson
09-04-2012, 12:05 PM
what brand trailer is that? Trying to see what brands to search that are available in my area. Any pics of your inside set up?

Gilmore.Landscaping
09-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Its a Pace American Trailer, I am not sure they still make their summit series. Never seen a double door before, but that is very useful.

Efficiency
09-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Our first trailer was 7x16 with a 4' swinging side door. Can fit a pallet in the side but was a very close call. Just got a new 8.5x16 from http://www.turnertrailers.com/index.html with a 5' double side door. Very slick. Its not stickered yet so I might post some pictures if I can remember. Both have 5200# axles which are necessary.