PDA

View Full Version : I hate a thief!

WoodlandAM
09-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Just heard from my crew that someone wanted our equipment more than we did apparently. We work on undeveloped neighborhoods cutting the right of ways. After dummy locking the gate, the crew was spread out getting the job done. When one guy was going back to the truck he saw a van speed off and we were missing 2 Stihl FS110s and 2 Stihl BR600s. Welcome to Dekalb County, Georgia where if Obama doesnt give it to them, they take it from you.

Duekster
09-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Luck they did not take the whole truck and trailer.

Those kind of things hurt, sorry for that.

orangemower
09-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Just heard from my crew that someone wanted our equipment more than we did apparently. We work on undeveloped neighborhoods cutting the right of ways. After dummy locking the gate, the crew was spread out getting the job done. When one guy was going back to the truck he saw a van speed off and we were missing 2 Stihl FS110s and 2 Stihl BR600s. Welcome to Dekalb County, Georgia where if Obama doesnt give it to them, they take it from you.

Who's Dummy? Sorry about the stolen equipment.

ShooterK2
09-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Gonna hafta start ACTUALLY locking the gate I guess. Stolen equipment sucks. Sorry to hear it.

macgyver_GA
09-04-2012, 03:21 PM
That sucks!

I wouldn't consider that out of the norm in Dekalb county. You were spot on with that statement lol!

sehitchman
09-04-2012, 04:55 PM
I noticed more odd drive by lookers at my equipment trailer the last couple of months. I only work in W Cobb and Paulding, but started locking the trimmers, truck, truck cap and sometimes running a cable around the back up mower on the trailer even in the best neighborhoods. It just depends on how big the job is and how long I'll be out of sight of the trailer. Seems like we are being cased a lot here in the metro. I even change the way I mow, so that I make a lap giving me a view of my trailer frequently when doing back yards. I hate it that we need to be that way in life. Good luck to you, hope you retrieve your equipment.

JLSLLC
09-04-2012, 06:17 PM
I hope you get your stuff back! Or at least find the person who did it!

123hotdog
09-04-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. I know this doesn't help now but it might later. I bought a key chain at Wal-Mart for three bucks and it has a clip and a zip string on it. I clipped it to the front of my bibs. That way I don't have to reach in my pocket for keys. I lock it all 100% of the time. I even installed a bypass button in my truck so the switch alone would not start it. Maybe it might help you. It did me.

Chilehead
09-04-2012, 08:39 PM
That sucks!

I wouldn't consider that out of the norm in Dekalb county. You were spot on with that statement lol!

Dekalb (and Clayton) county is what I like to call the "welfare county". Nothing but thugs, gangs, thieves, and hood rats. The only nice area is up around Clairmont/Briarcliff Rd. I try to stick to Fayette, Henry, Cobb, and N. Fulton.