PDA

View Full Version : Cypress Tree's

pilotcoplawnboy
01-16-2003, 04:26 PM
Heres the pro-blem-o. This last ice-storm that we had in the south left several of my customers 15ft cypress trees leaning toward the south. Should we just tie them back staright and wait fot the spring time sunshine help them or should they be replaced? One of them is haflway out of the ground! Thanks.

ipm
01-16-2003, 10:04 PM
how long have been in the ground? You would probably be fine by simply, staking them. Hard to say? without a visual.

pilotcoplawnboy
01-17-2003, 04:55 AM
They have been in the ground for about two years.

devildog
01-17-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by pilotcoplawnboy
tie them back staright and wait fot the spring time sunshine help them

and tell the customer to pray. the one halfway out is most like going to plant heaven. with regards... devildog

pilotcoplawnboy
01-17-2003, 08:41 PM
As long as he is paying I don't really mind. I told them that I am not making any guarantees they will make it and he fully understands. Thanks Devil-dog.

SJH Landscaping
01-19-2003, 09:45 PM
You would want to remove them, since the feeder roots are mostly all out of the ground. If you tried to stake or guy the trees back into position you would move the root system again, making the tree go into shock and since the tree probably isn't in very good condition it may bit the dust. There is to much stress on the tree already, and if you move it you'll probably cause more trouble. It would be in the customer's best interest to remove the tree, less hassel.