PDA

View Full Version : Oxalis vs herbicide

RigglePLC
09-04-2012, 04:49 PM
I tested some herbicides against oxalis.
Quicksilver was best followed by T-Zone, Surge and Speedzone. And untreated control. All products worked well, as the oxalis is almost invisible, due to the almost complete collapse of the plant. Perhaps conditions were unusual due to the oxalis arising and blooming in late summer after a dry dormancy period. Oxalis normally blooms in late spring. I think it is normally more difficult to kill.
I applied about a tenth of an ounce per sqft, (about .78 gals per thousand sqft).

Hineline
09-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Nice work. I need to stock up on the QS. We have seen the heaviest weed pressure of the year in August this year due to the rain and humidity.

greendoctor
09-05-2012, 06:00 AM
QS will top kill oxalis really fast. However, it will regrow from the underground parts. I do like reduced rates of QS with metsulfuron or dicamba for long term systemic kill. TZone contains two of the best herbicides for oxalis control. Dicamba and triclopyr. Sulfentrazone is always good for a rapid contact kill of many broadleaves.

Ric
09-05-2012, 09:39 AM

Even in Florida's heat I can Kill Oxalis with a reduced rate of the good old fashion 3 Way Herbicide. It is the Dicamba that controls Oxalis. Broad leaf weeds in St Augustine have never been a problem for me. Grassy weeds are an other story.