PDA

View Full Version : New trailer-want to keep the boards in good condition

lazer 46
09-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Got a new trailer with pressure treated boards and it looks like quite a job to ever change the boards. Both the front and back edges of the boards have the trailer iron over them. So I want to keep the new boards like new for as long as possible. What is a good wood treatment to put on them to extend there life?

punt66
09-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Got a new trailer with pressure treated boards and it looks like quite a job to ever change the boards. Both the front and back edges of the boards have the trailer iron over them. So I want to keep the new boards like new for as long as possible. What is a good wood treatment to put on them to extend there life?

Use thompson a couple times a year in a solo back pack sprayer. Will last longer then you hahah/

Bigred350
09-05-2012, 10:24 PM
I wouldn't worry about. My equipment trailer with wood floor get used every day hauling skid steer, pallets of sod/ pavers, Harley rake, backhoe or whatever else I need to haul. The boards on my trailer have been on there for over 6 years now and the will last ten more easily.

When it come time to replace boards, get a torch welder and grinder and you will be fine.
Posted via Mobile Device