PDA

View Full Version : Tool storage for dump truck

seabee24
09-05-2012, 01:03 AM
If anyone has ideas for tool storage for a dump truck please post, pics would help.

What we have is an f-550. With 11 foot dump, non folding sides, and currently I made a set of expanded metal sides, back door, water cooler holder, and side door over the tire. It has 1 under body box, and I plan on adding a second over the winter.

What I need is a method of storing shovels, rakes, 1 blower, 1 trimmer, 2 hedgers, 6 foot ladder, 2 wheel barrows. This is for an enhancement crew that does a little of everything. They really don't need to tow a trailer in most cases, so I'm tring to figure out a good, clean, secure method of storing tools on the truck without getting a whole new truck body.

Welding and fabrication are not a problem for us.

alldayrj
09-05-2012, 01:14 AM
Is the truck normally loaded with a skid steer etc? I've sen guys do some creative stuff on the headboard on the dump but I think that would get whacked with my skid steer bucket lol.

seabee24
09-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Is the truck normally loaded with a skid steer etc? I've sen guys do some creative stuff on the headboard on the dump but I think that would get whacked with my skid steer bucket lol.

no skid steer.

I have thought about welding pipes to the headboard to hold handels. but then how do you quickly and smoothly access them when the truck is loaded full of debris or mulch? I almost see it happening, then think no what will really happen is they will finish the job, then because the bed is full, throw the tools on top, which is what they do now. result has been poor inventory, broken tools, tools lost in the dump, and also constently loading and unloading

Schrock Lawns
09-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Get some green touch racks for an enclosed trailer and weld or bolt them
To the outside of the bed
Posted via Mobile Device

alldayrj
09-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Any room between the dump body and the cab? Can you add a large cab protector?
Posted via Mobile Device

Carolina Greens Turfcare
10-17-2012, 10:31 PM
weld holders on to the side for long handled hand tools. Cheap and easy fix if you have access to a welder. You could do the same thing for the bp blower. You would just want to make sure the blower is secured in the rack on the side of the bed.