PDA

View Full Version : About Two More weeks

Ric
09-05-2012, 11:46 AM

Yes IF Mother Nature doesn't make me a Lier. We have about 2 more weeks of really hot weather. Long about Sept 15th we should wake up to much lower morning temperature and milder afternoon temperature. We have had above average rainfall this year and August has been a B!tch with the Humidity.

Florida Gardener
09-05-2012, 12:29 PM

Yes IF Mother Nature doesn't make me a Lier. We have about 2 more weeks of really hot weather. Long about Sept 15th we should wake up to much lower morning temperature and milder afternoon temperature. We have had above average rainfall this year and August has been a B!tch with the Humidity.

This week has already been better. High of 86 today with a breeze. For s Florida, beginning of October is usually when we see highs of 85 or lower with lower humidity. 85 and mild and 90 and humid is a huge difference. I am very ready for winter and I've been told it will be cold...like you said, we shall see.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
09-05-2012, 12:58 PM
This week has already been better. High of 86 today with a breeze. For s Florida, beginning of October is usually when we see highs of 85 or lower with lower humidity. 85 and mild and 90 and humid is a huge difference. I am very ready for winter and I've been told it will be cold...like you said, we shall see.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes I forget the "no sweat date" is different all over the state. This week does seem a lot more tolerable.

zturncutter
09-05-2012, 07:38 PM
This weeks weather has definitely been much nicer to work in :clapping:

Weekend cut easymoney
09-05-2012, 07:45 PM
I have fond memories of mowing when it is 90- 100 degrees and then suddenly a front blows in and makes it feel cold--feels like Christmas--

Ric
09-05-2012, 08:01 PM

Last week was the Pits. Comfort level was over a 100 every day. But August is always a Bear.

B-2 Lawncare
09-05-2012, 08:12 PM
don't hate me but it supposed to be mid 70's here all week.

Florida Gardener
09-05-2012, 09:25 PM

touche. wayyy better....next week is supposed to be good too. I hope its a sign for whats to come this winter......:clapping::cool2::dancing:

Landscape Poet
09-07-2012, 07:44 AM
We have had above average rainfall this year and August has been a B!tch with the Humidity.

I will take that above average rainfall if means that we continue to have our regular afternoon showers again like Florida once did. It was a pain to work around those regular showers after so many years of not having too but man the turf has responded well and things are looking good.

I have heard many suggest that winter is to be a cold one, I hope they are correct and look forward to all the fights on lawnsite as we all eagerly await springs return after being semi dormant for the winter months.

Patriot Services
09-07-2012, 08:58 PM
I will take that above average rainfall if means that we continue to have our regular afternoon showers again like Florida once did. It was a pain to work around those regular showers after so many years of not having too but man the turf has responded well and things are looking good.

I have heard many suggest that winter is to be a cold one, I hope they are correct and look forward to all the fights on lawnsite as we all eagerly await springs return after being semi dormant for the winter months.

You mean the fights from the numbnuts that think we are ripping people off because we get paid the same amount in winter. Never mind the fact we cut 5 and 6 times a month all summer and trimed plants that grew overnight. :usflag:

Florida Gardener
09-07-2012, 09:04 PM
You mean the fights from the numbnuts that think we are ripping people off because we get paid the same amount in winter. Never mind the fact we cut 5 and 6 times a month all summer and trimed plants that grew overnight. :usflag:

6 times a month?! Is that septembruary?
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
09-07-2012, 11:02 PM
6 times a month?! Is that septembruary?
Posted via Mobile Device

Properly cared for Laprima and few heavily fed sa needed more frequent mowing with all the rain this season. All in all its been a good year. Need a new setup and looking at a boxvan. Started doing some preservation and flipping again. Could really use the extra space and ability to carry more tools and supplies used on those jobs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
09-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Properly cared for Laprima and few heavily fed sa needed more frequent mowing with all the rain this season. All in all its been a good year. Need a new setup and looking at a boxvan. Started doing some preservation and flipping again. Could really use the extra space and ability to carry more tools and supplies used on those jobs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Laprima?? You cut some places every 5 days? Flipping as in casas?
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
09-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Laprima?? You cut some places every 5 days? Flipping as in casas?
Posted via Mobile Device

Si casas. Laprima as in expensive Bermuda strain from seedland. I grew a few golf course front yards this year for people that wanted something different. Turned out really nice but they need the reel to look their best.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
09-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Si casas. Laprima as in expensive Bermuda strain from seedland. I grew a few golf course front yards this year for people that wanted something different. Turned out really nice but they need the reel to look their best.
Posted via Mobile Device
Cool. How often do you cut those?
Posted via Mobile Device

LGL
09-08-2012, 09:44 PM

I second that!:drinkup:

Florida Gardener
09-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Let's just say what we're all thinking...yardguy28
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
09-09-2012, 08:10 AM
He's been quiet lately, unless I missed something. Everybodys all political right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
09-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Everybodys all political right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good to have people being active in politics to a degree though, better than everyone not caring, even though i may not agree with someones thoughts i generally think more of them for at least making a effort to care/be informed.
Posted via Mobile Device