PDA

View Full Version : Walker Diesel

bdlawncare
09-05-2012, 05:14 PM
So i have been looking around for a walker, and i stumbled upon one that has some serious hours on it however the guy says it runs good and is in ok condition. It has 3200 hundred hours on it he was asking 2500 i offered him 800$ cash and he argued for a while but i told him i could get it to him tomorrow and he somewhat said yes... So my question to you guys is do you think that it is worth the 800-1000$? In my mind for 800 bucks even if it ran for half a season it would make me money, and i have someone i could sell it to for parts after its broke.

Landrus2
09-05-2012, 08:31 PM
That mower is a gamble is the motor and hydrostatic go you looking at 5k so be wise look it over if his willing to drop so low that could be a no go.

gene gls
09-05-2012, 08:46 PM
So i have been looking around for a walker, and i stumbled upon one that has some serious hours on it however the guy says it runs good and is in ok condition. It has 3200 hundred hours on it he was asking 2500 i offered him 800$ cash and he argued for a while but i told him i could get it to him tomorrow and he somewhat said yes... So my question to you guys is do you think that it is worth the 800-1000$? In my mind for 800 bucks even if it ran for half a season it would make me money, and i have someone i could sell it to for parts after its broke.

I would pass on the diesel. I had a 1997 and it had an over heating issue that could not be corrected. Walker diesels are known for over heating problems. If it was run too hot for too long there could be other engin issues.

highclimber604
09-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Take my advice, and mind you ive had walkers for 6 years, always have 3 so i know a thing or two. Do not buy that mower. 3200 hours is a ton! These mowers are so tempermental. Everything wears out quicker than you think and the GHS is touchy. I think you will encounter alot of problems with that and plus the diesel is not nessesary. I have all 26HP models and they are great. Like i tell everyone looking for a used walker, save up some more money and get something with less than 1000 hours on it. Some key components to inspect are
-gear boxes on the deck. open the allen head plug and check for gear oil. Those are known to spring a leak very easily.
-give a good once over to the blower both the fan and housing
-check grease fittings, if they look like they havent been serviced, dont buy. we go through so much grease every year just keeping up with those
-make sure the shaft drive for the deck isnt bent(you will feel/hear a vibration when the blades are engaged.
-check the air filter, make sure its clean if not new.
-inspect the exterior of the mower for any bad impacts on the deck and the grass bin.
-make sure all safety switches are fuctional. Ive seen those jumped out more times rather than fix the problem.