PDA

View Full Version : Turf Tracer or Vantage

nmccoy1
09-05-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm looking at adding either a turf tracer or vantage to my equipment, but wanted your opinion. I'm looking at either a 36 inch turf tracer or vantage. I can get what I think is a pretty good deal through my exmark dealer here. $5,650 for the 36 TT & $6,400 for the 36 Vantage. These were quoted over the phone so maybe I can do even better.

I've heard a lot of good things about both mowers. The thing that kind of turns me off on the Vantage is how heavy it is. Maybe that's not that big of deal once you factor in a sulkey and 200 pound guy riding on the TT.

Is it worth the extra money for the Vantage and are you getting a whole lot mower for the difference in price? What are your thoughts on how they both run/cut? Are these good prices?

nmccoy1
09-05-2012, 06:20 PM
I think the dealer I talked to earlier, whose prices were higher, gave me the wrong weight. He told me over 1000 pounds just for the mower. I see its actually less than 800. That's good news.
Posted via Mobile Device

Puddle of Oil
09-05-2012, 07:35 PM
I personally hate walk behinds and will never buy one again so I'd say the vantage. Standers are still relatively easy on the turf so i wouldn't let the weight steer you away.

Schrock Lawns
09-05-2012, 07:59 PM
The vantage you can put the platform up and it's basiclau a tt plus the ground speed is 8 mph
Posted via Mobile Device

Puddle of Oil
09-05-2012, 08:04 PM
^^^^You lose a lot of traction when you flip up the pad.

Schrock Lawns
09-05-2012, 10:49 PM
But I'm saying he could use it as a tt to
Posted via Mobile Device

nmccoy1
09-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the replies. I did some more research tonight and for the difference in price it seems like more mower and probably worth it. I'd be able to get in a lot of tight areas and like schrock said I could use as a TT in certain instances. Plus the financing you can get is pretty good. No interest and no payments until April 2013 and then its 0% for 48 months.
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnkingforever
09-06-2012, 02:03 AM
^^^^You lose a lot of traction when you flip up the pad.

Yep. Grandstand and vantage are useless in wb mode. Toro should have never sold this as a feature, it is a gimmick. The fold up platform is a very nice feature for storage purposes though. Leaves a very small footprint in the shop or trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device

dvgross
10-28-2012, 11:15 AM
I am also in the market for one of these, except I am deciding between a 48" TT, and a 48" Vantage. I do smaller accounts right now, so am leaning toward the TT. It has an hour on it, and is going for $4200. Pretty tough to pass up. The Vantage also was demoed and I believe has 12 hours on it, and is going for $6200. One thing that is also pushing me toward the TT is that is will be easier to change out blades. Am very interested in this post, thanks.

Puddle of Oil
10-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Another thing I hate about the TT is the ECS controls. Those are so painful to use for long periods of time.

mklandscaping
10-28-2012, 04:58 PM
I have both a 48 Vantage and a 48 TT. The Vantage is much faster and the weight isn't a big deal once you master the turning. The TT is great for really steep hills but you can take the Vantage at a good angle and still be ok.

knox gsl
10-28-2012, 05:34 PM
I've heard that the new vantage will have ECS controls. I'm not sure of this but if you want the current controls I would check with your dealer soon.

dvgross
10-29-2012, 12:02 PM
I have both a 48 Vantage and a 48 TT. The Vantage is much faster and the weight isn't a big deal once you master the turning. The TT is great for really steep hills but you can take the Vantage at a good angle and still be ok.

What is the cut quality like with the Vantage? Does it stripe well?

CFLS22
11-21-2012, 09:44 PM
What is the cut quality like with the Vantage? Does it stripe well?

I just purchased a vantage a couple days ago and also own a TT. The vantage has series 4 deck so it is .5" deeper than the TT so nice cut. It definitely stripes better than the TT too. I really like it so far and yea the ECS controls kill my hands, its mainly the reason why I didn't get another TT. Also not having to worry about a sulky while backing up is awesome! Hope this helps!
Posted via Mobile Device