PDA

View Full Version : Fescue Seed Blends for 2012

jlbf0786
09-06-2012, 03:22 PM
I've been opting for another Fescue blend to use this year in my own lawn, in the past years I have only used Lesco Transition Blend or Gold Blend.

There's a few others i'm interested in trying, but I wanted to get feedback from anyone who's used them:

- SHENANDOAH II TALL FESCUE
- Combat Extreme (Outside Pride's blend of Fescue for the Transition Zone)

______

I'm very interested in the SHENANDOAH blends, but I can't get any distributor information.

Ijustwantausername
09-06-2012, 06:12 PM
I've been opting for another Fescue blend to use this year in my own lawn, in the past years I have only used Lesco Transition Blend or Gold Blend.

There's a few others i'm interested in trying, but I wanted to get feedback from anyone who's used them:

______

I'm very interested in the SHENANDOAH blends, but I can't get any distributor information.

I'd love Shenandoah as well, but my guy only offers a three way mix of Falcon, Trooper, and Escalade.

jlbf0786
09-06-2012, 08:39 PM
I'd love Shenandoah as well, but my guy only offers a three way mix of Falcon, Trooper, and Escalade.

I used to work for a company here in Charlotte called FAIRWAY GREEN, they're headquartered out of Raleigh NC.
They used only FALCON IV blend, over $100 per 50lb bag (too rich for my blood)

TurfsUpLawns
09-09-2012, 06:37 PM

______

I Just bought seed at JDL called supreme tall fescue blend and it had Falcon and Shenandoah in it.

RigglePLC
09-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Here are the Shenandoah tech sheets. There are four types. Be sure you don't get one of the older types when you paid for the newest Shenandoah cultivar. Shenandoah 4 or Elite Shenandoah.