PDA

View Full Version : !st Lighting Job, Any Tips?

andersman02
09-06-2012, 07:31 PM
So i have my first lighting job coming up for a friend, quick and simply put i have a few questions in the design scheme of things

I am thinking of doign 3 path lights, two in the first right hand side bed and 1 in the second right have side. uplighting on the river birch and on the rock with grassses on the second bed on the right (plan is to have the up light hitting the rock and the tops of the grasses)

My question is basically how would you go about putting the lights in the second bed? I dont want it to be to cluttered so i was thinking of having the light near the flagstone path and stoop or on the corner of the bed, but that may to close to the up lighting on the rocks. BTW LED lights will be used.

indylights
09-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Andersman, PM me and I will happily go over design with you if you don't find the answers you are looking for.

Scott Maloney
Sunflower Landscapes

S&MLL
09-07-2012, 02:31 AM
Might as well delete the whole thread lawnsite
Posted via Mobile Device

starry night
09-07-2012, 11:48 AM
andersman: If you can't readily see where the lights should be placed, why don't you experiment with the placement to discover what works best.
Rather than just asking, you'll learn a little about design that way.

The Lighting Geek
09-07-2012, 02:20 PM
I would agree with Phil, you need to use your first few jobs to learn from. Connect everything above ground (wire not buried) and leave some extra fixture wire so you can move stuff around. Being this job is someone you know, take advantage of that. Just remember, the more subtle you want it, the more fixtures it takes. Small washing fixtures may help you here too.

JHFMX
11-30-2012, 04:38 PM
I would agree with Phil, you need to use your first few jobs to learn from. Connect everything above ground (wire not buried) and leave some extra fixture wire so you can move stuff around. Being this job is someone you know, take advantage of that. Just remember, the more subtle you want it, the more fixtures it takes. Small washing fixtures may help you here too.

+1 Trial and error is the best way to figure out what works best. You should have your own design techniques and tricks after a few jobs under your belt.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-30-2012, 06:15 PM
JHFMX, you have had a busy day here! And a sponsor of the site too! How about you take a moment and introduce yourself and your company to us all? And you might want to go into your control panel settings and upload an avatar, logo and signature.

Thanks.