PDA

View Full Version : Utility line seeding prices

TScapes
09-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Just curious what some of y'all are charging or WOULD charge for repairing utility work. I have a contractor that wants me to go behind them and repair areas that have not come in. Some areas may need to be topdressed to bring up to grade, while others will simply just need seed and straw. A lot of the areas are 100sqft, while others appear to range from 25-2000 sqft. Normally I deal with larger areas and have prices based on those numbers, but to get out of the truck for 50 spots that are only 50 sqft at a time is crazy. Common sense says as long as I can make >$500 a day, it's worth while. That would come in around $0.25 per sqft based on my example. Just wanted to see some other thoughts on the subject.

nparish
09-07-2012, 02:45 PM
I would just bid the smaller areas higher.

RigglePLC
09-08-2012, 11:11 AM
You need a base fee--that would cover the cost to arrive and get out of the truck and the first 5 minutes. Then charge by the sqft. Myself, I think sod is quicker and easier--and results in greater customer satisfaction. Grass is weed free and perfect when you leave--if the customer does not water--its all on him.