PDA

View Full Version : Clean Up Ideas using a Trailer to Haul

mike48114
01-17-2003, 12:32 PM
This is my first season working for myself. As you can imagine I can't (yet) afford all the toys and tools I'm used to. I will be doing alot of spring clean ups without a dump truck. All I have to use to haul out leaves, sticks, and debris is my 16' open trailer. I'm thinking about building some sides and a tarp set up. I hope someone has some advise to make this clean up system as easy as possible. I'm nervous about leaving equipment on the site while someone goes and off loads the leaves.

bubble boy
01-17-2003, 12:46 PM
we try to leave if we can for the city. save on time and $ to dump.

do you have a pick up to use as well?

Acorn
01-17-2003, 12:47 PM
Around here,homeowners can leave their leaves at the curbside. I bag them up in big lawn and garden garbage bags and put it road side. I rarely ever haul leaves off the site.

Commercial ones around here are usually backed onto wooded areas and I always get the ok to put them in the woods instead of having to charge more for me to haul it to landfill and charge by the tonne

Gravely_Man
01-17-2003, 02:18 PM
If you are going to have to haul the yard materials away that is really going to add to your time and expense. Check out the other options listed above.

Gravely_Man