PDA

View Full Version : Final drives takeuchi

swanny
09-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Anyone remember what weight oil goes in them and how much? Anyone use synthetic?

Don't think I've ever changed the oil in one yet, and can't find the info online. I see three allen head plugs in them. Thanks.

swanny
09-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Okay....Tl130 and 230 final drives take 90 weight with 1.06 qts. in each drive.

Arrange the plugs in the 12, 1:30, and 6 oclock positions. Remove plugs and put a 5 gallon bucket propped underneath the drive housing (works great). Let it completely drain, flush out with new oil, let drain, install 6 oclock plug with thread sealant.

Fill 12 oclock plug until 1:30 plug overflows...should take a squirt over a qt. total. Install remaining plugs with sealant.

4 seasons lawn&land
09-10-2012, 07:03 PM
it is 90. its gear oil, i never heard of synthetic gear oil. An AW maybe

Dirtwerks
09-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Last time I changed my TL130 I used regular 90W gear oil, but then I was in AutoZone a while back and they had I believe Valveline Synethic 90W gear oil, which is what I'm going to use next time, I've heard of other using synethic for drive motors.

Swanny I've got a TL130 that has a flutter noise when in a heavy load or when idling you ref it up fast it will flutter does your do this also or have I got something else going on.

swanny
09-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Last time I changed my TL130 I used regular 90W gear oil, but then I was in AutoZone a while back and they had I believe Valveline Synethic 90W gear oil, which is what I'm going to use next time, I've heard of other using synethic for drive motors.

Swanny I've got a TL130 that has a flutter noise when in a heavy load or when idling you ref it up fast it will flutter does your do this also or have I got something else going on.

I had the same thing two weeks ago when digging out a long driveway and was putting the spoils in a huge pile...trying to run on top of the pile with a full bucket...and the rpm's start pulsating. Changed the fuel filter when I got home and it doesn't do it any longer.

Dirtwerks
09-10-2012, 10:03 PM
I've already changed the fuel filter and it did nothing.

turboawd
09-13-2012, 02:36 AM
I've already changed the fuel filter and it did nothing.

how are your air filters?