PDA

View Full Version : blowers

JasonH
09-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Looking at leaf blowers wondering how to determine the one to blow the most. What's are some pointers to look for or do I go by CFM , or max air speed? Up for suggestions, looking strongly at an EB802 shindaiwa

branchoutshrub
09-11-2012, 08:20 PM
We use Stihl blowers. We've tried other brands, but Stihl is the best for us.

Rvldesign
09-12-2012, 08:22 PM
i have used a lot of the echo pb 500's but we recently got the bigger pb 770 and it blowers a much larger volume of air as well as blow it faster. we have already done a few clean up jobs with the two blowers combine and the 770 does twice the work of the 500.

Turf Commando
09-12-2012, 11:22 PM
To answer your question before all the brand warriors come on . You need to focus on CFM the higher the better.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jaxscaper904
09-13-2012, 06:50 PM
I argee with turf on cfm and focus on what you will be blowing wet debris or etc as far as brand I've used echo,stihl,tanaka I have a echo pb500-t which I feel is underpowered when blowing wet debris a stihl br600 is a good blower stihl has the torque and raw power I havent ran a newer tanaka blower but I scored a 90's tanaka bp that runs very comparable to stihl as having torque and raw power and can really move some debris
Posted via Mobile Device

LandFakers
09-13-2012, 09:21 PM
It's all about the CFM. The speed is just an extra bonus!

Ridin' Green
09-16-2012, 11:57 PM
It's all about the CFM. The speed is just an extra bonus!

Well yes, and no. The CFM is what moves large piles and/or heavy stuff, but the MPH is what gets it moving when it's stuck down. My Husky 570 will do anything that the Husky 580 will do because its extra MPH makes up for the slightly lower CFM's. This isn't my opinion. I've run both. However, there has to be a noticable difference in MPH to make up for any shortfall in CFM.

The best thing is to find a BP that has both high CFM AND MPH, and is comfortable for all day use. If it isn't comfortable, all the performace in the world won't mean squat.

cpllawncare
09-17-2012, 12:13 AM
I agree with Green you need both CFM, MPH and comfort, I found the BR600 to have it all.

TN_mower
09-17-2012, 02:03 PM
I own a Shindaiwa 802RT and couldn't be any happier. Has tons of power and is very comfortable. It's reliable as any other shindaiwa product, Starts 2nd pull cold everytime. I picked the 802 over the 854 because im not a fan of the 4-mix crap.

Ridin' Green
09-17-2012, 02:38 PM
I own a Shindaiwa 802RT and couldn't be any happier. Has tons of power and is very comfortable. It's reliable as any other shindaiwa product, Starts 2nd pull cold everytime. I picked the 802 over the 854 because im not a fan of the 4-mix crap.

That is an excellent blower, and the exact model I would choose if I didn't like this husky 570 so much.
Did you get both tube tips with yours? Some here have said they did, while others said their dealers told them it was an either or deal. My dealer sells them with both tips (the turbo MPH tip, and the high CFM tip).

TN_mower
09-17-2012, 05:26 PM
It came with one tip only. It's 65mm in diameter and it has a line around the tip to where you can cut it to 70mm if you wanted to. Came with a short tube, long tube, and 65mm tip.

Never had a husky product, i've heard alot of good things about them though!

TN_mower
09-17-2012, 05:28 PM
That is an excellent blower, and the exact model I would choose if I didn't like this husky 570 so much.
Did you get both tube tips with yours? Some here have said they did, while others said their dealers told them it was an either or deal. My dealer sells them with both tips (the turbo MPH tip, and the high CFM tip).

It came with one tip only. It's 65mm in diameter and it has a line around the tip to where you can cut it to 70mm if you wanted to. Came with a short tube, long tube, and 65mm tip.

Never had a husky product, i've heard alot of good things about them though!

Smallaxe
09-17-2012, 06:56 PM
I just bought an Echo 770t today... I liked the 550t and my first one that doesn't get used much any more, so now I have 3... All 2 cycle, which of course offers greater speed and CFS with less weight than 4 cycle... :)