View Full Version : Does anyone make anything like this in the states?

09-12-2012, 12:38 PM

DVS Hardscaper
09-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Are we supposed to read that website in an Australian accent? :)
Posted via Mobile Device

09-12-2012, 03:22 PM
What are you a larrikan? :)

I worked in a Ferrari shop with a Aussie that used to call me that.

Anyway....They build sound walls using the same principal and there are temporary trench shoring systems that use it as well.

09-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Closest I've seen is these guys, but I don't believe they're applicable for retaining walls. http://www.concretefence.com/

09-13-2012, 08:53 PM
There is a park in my area that has massive interlocking concrete blocks, which are known as gabions, as a retaining wall. The problem with Gabions is that they generally are very wide, heavy, and at times expensive. Generally in my area, concrete walls are made out of CMU's with a reinforced footing, but that is breaking into concrete placement/finishing. This is out of the spectrum for most landscape businesses.
The closest thing I can think to this would be a dry-stackable product like Belgard block, Allan block, etc.

Here is a link on gabions: http://www.internationalerosioncontrolsystems.com/concretegabions.html

Here is more about CMU construction (probably rarely done in your area): http://www.rcpblock.com/constructiondetails-cmu.html

And finally here is Belgard's website: http://belgard.biz/photos-retaining-walls.htm