PDA

View Full Version : Paver cart

cdqat1432
09-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Does anyone have a paver cart made by pave tech? I want one but they cost 1500.00. I was wondering how well they work. Thinking it will have to wait until next year.

alldayrj
09-16-2012, 10:26 PM
They look cool but really only work in wide open areas where i could probably use my skid to move the pallet.
Posted via Mobile Device

DVS Hardscaper
09-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Never owned one, probably never will.

Not a fan.

Who wants to lug the cart loaded with pavers over disturbed terrain?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bru75
09-17-2012, 01:36 AM
I've got one. Cost around $1,000 when I bought it a few years ago.

Works really well for certain aplications, but it sits in my garage most of the time. It is not as easy to push as they would like you to believe, and the ground has to be pretty smooth for it to roll. I use it where I can't fit a skid loader.

I probably would not have bought it if the price was $1,500.

TomG
09-17-2012, 08:22 PM
We have one. Had it for many years, probably used it on 3 jobs. More than payed for its self on those jobs but, its not really that useful. It would get used a lot more, but the main problem is it really only works on 4x8 hollandstone pavers or pavers that have all the same shape stacked vertically.

big daddy b
09-17-2012, 09:00 PM
We have two paver carts, just bought another one this season.
For us they are extremely usefull, they get used almost everyday. We mostly only do large commercial, municipal and industrial jobs, so we have tons of room, mostly moving brick over concrete or ashpalt so no rough terrain.
We have used it for doing residential driveways too, it almost doubles our production time using it.
We use them so much we named both of the carts and count them as part of our crew, one cart is Bucky, the other is Jeffy. They can carry more brick than anyone out there, I promise. They come in real handy when your doing 30,000 square feet of 4x8's.

DVS Hardscaper
09-17-2012, 09:38 PM
After 16 yrs in hardscape business, I don't see a paver cart being a practical investment / expense for the residential market.

We have an small engine that needs new crank bearings and seals. Well, the bearings needs a special tool to remove them from the crank. It's cheaper in the long run to simply buy a brand new crank, instead of buying the tool.

Same goes for business. $1500 is alotta money to spend on something that you'll soon be tripping over in your shop, garage, shed, or yard. after a period of time you'll be so sick of it being in the way you'll be putting it on e-bay. I'd hire some temp workers to hump pavers for a project before I'd pay $1500 for a tool that we'd not use again for another 3 yrs.

Posted via Mobile Device

Birchwood
09-17-2012, 09:48 PM
Have wanted to buy one for a while, modified a hand cart for a holland stone job we did. It saved a ton of time to bring the brick from the street and around the back. It took 3 guys to move a section up a hill. It was nice to bring full sections on to the patio as we worked. Much less handling.

AztlanLC
09-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Couple of years ago they worked pretty good for us, when most pavers were stacked vertically, nowdays most of our jobs they are stacked in layers due to size and shape.