PDA

View Full Version : we start hanging tomorrow !

David Gretzmier
09-16-2012, 09:47 PM
looks like pending weather we will start hanging lights tomorrow. we are booked for september and over half for October, and hoping to fill in the dates for October to make November a bit easier. Just a reminder guys, Thanksgiving is crazy early this year, November 22.

CleanCut1
09-17-2012, 04:58 PM
How do you get your customers to agree to install so early?

lkendall
09-17-2012, 05:06 PM
how are you convincing people to hang lights already? I was at the beach yesterday getting a tan!

slowleak1
09-17-2012, 05:20 PM
What they said ^^^ Its still 85 here, and I ahvent even started halloween deco yet, much less Christmas.

knox gsl
09-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Why not leave them up year round at that rate?

TexasFire221
09-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Yall have to realize that Dave has hundreds of rehangs and wont get them up with his 3 crews unless he starts in September.

CleanCut1
09-18-2012, 10:06 AM
I understand that David operates on a scale much, much larger than most of us, but the question is very relevant regardless of size. Even us smaller operations will greatly benefit from installing returning customers early to free up prime time in November for new sales and growth.

Do you ask your customers to install early and/or offer incentives to do so? Will enough customers agree to early installation? Or do you simply make your schedule and tell the customer when their intall will be?

addictedtolandscaping
09-18-2012, 11:58 AM
We start early, no this much, but early. Dave is 100 times larger than I am or think I wanna be really. I generally make out the schedule according to the contracts I have back. First come, first serve sort of thing.

TimNNJ
09-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Damn that is awesome..I'm working on getting my re-installs up by the end of October..

PlantscapeSolutions
09-22-2012, 02:53 AM
I was hoping you were going to be in NE so I could meet you this year. This was my first year going. I told Mike the hotel might as well have been in BFE. There was nothing close by you could walk to. Being an married guys with kids I made the mistake of crashing out for an hour in the bar area comfy chairs only to find my self tagged by the gay chick from OH when I woke up. Both knee caps had smiley faces drawn on them and something else drawn on my arms in eye liner. The bar was closed before midnight and the party was over. Yawn.

Went to the Texas Expo the following month in Houston and it was party central. Partied way too hard with some FL guys until about 2 am. Had a great time and got me ceu's for my pesticide license. Christmas Decor, Christmas Designers, and Novelty all had booths at the show. I did not see Lite Source there this year but I may have missed them. I told Mike he needs to invade Decors home turf and put some pressure on them. The Expo is a great place to try to pickup some market share.

David do you know the deal on Lite Source and Decor both being from Lubbock of all places? There must be some sort of correlation and I figure if anyone would know it would be you.

David Gretzmier
10-05-2012, 12:13 AM
not sure, lots of folks are connected, but Texas and omaha has a lot of Christmas stuff going. the magnetic light guy and the lite clip strip guy, decor, are from texas. brite ideas, holidynamics, and that c9/c7 training guy are from omaha. but I think texas is more about decent winter, central shipping location, does have lots of population and a container ship port.