PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat Throttle Issue

BFuller
09-18-2012, 06:15 AM
I've got a 2000, Bobcat 773 G-Series machine with 1100 hrs. on it and it has been a really good machine over the years except the throttle is becoming a bit of a pain.

I've had other machines that will reduce throttle if I come across an unexpected rock and the machine gets a sudden "jolt", and this machine does the same, but now it's gotten to the point where it will reduce throttle speed just by running on flat ground from area-to-area hauling soil or whatever, to the point where I pretty much have to have my right hand on the throttle arm while I'm operating the machine most of the time. As you might imagine it's quite frustrating!

I've checked for some sort of an adjustment at the base of the throttle arm where it pivots, and followed the linkage right back to where it mounts to the engine and everything is tight as a drum and, seemingly, working well.

Has anyone experienced this and/or know of something I can adjust/tighten to prevent this "throttle creep?"

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tizzy
09-18-2012, 10:30 AM
i had the same thing on a s175. it would creep from full to about 3/4. i dont know what it was or how to fix it though. i traded it in for an s300

bobcatoh
09-18-2012, 10:49 AM
At the base of the throttle level in the cab where it pivots on the bolt there is a lock nut. Tighten it up. Problem solved.

bobcat_ron
09-18-2012, 03:19 PM
I had the same issue too, except it was a swash plate on the throttle handle that needed an allen key to tighten it up, not the pivot bolt.
Posted via Mobile Device

BFuller
09-19-2012, 09:18 AM
I thought I had checked that but I'll check both and report back. Thanks for the replies!