PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Lighting Conundrum

LawnSavers
09-18-2012, 04:53 PM
It's that "most wonderful time of the year" when we're starting to get calls from our customers with regards to hanging Christmas Lights for this holiday season.

As a well established lawn care company that's still fairly new to the holiday lighiting industry (this will be our 2nd year at it), we were hoping for some input from those of you out there who have braved the "holiday lighting frontier" already, and ask to draw on your experience.

Based on the photos that I've uploaded, does anyone have suggestions (besides drilling), as to how we might be able to affix christmas lighting to the edge of these parapets? Our customer would really like to have the whole lot framed in with lights, and we're trying to get the most effect for the least amount of "damage" (drilling) to the property.

Any thoughts? I would very much appreciate it!

BeachysLawn
09-18-2012, 05:02 PM
How about glue?

turf hokie
09-18-2012, 06:23 PM
I dont think I am giving away any trade secrets when I suggest you try parapet clips for your parapet wall....

v6rs97
09-18-2012, 07:34 PM
I dont think I am giving away any trade secrets when I suggest you try parapet clips for your parapet wall....
Yep. Glue them

hotrod1965
09-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Construction adhesive and I would go with the snap in rail system that is out there. That way you are gluing 5 feet down at a time instead of one clip at a time.

David Gretzmier
09-21-2012, 02:54 AM
I would use marine goop for the parapet clips. ditto that for the track system. construction adhesive is not so good for plastic to metal. the track is far superior, much quicket install and reinstall, but about 2x more costly. If you can get a signed contract for 2 or 3 years, do the track.

duckbutt
11-09-2012, 08:17 PM
I have a similar situation and don't have experience with those clips. Would the marine goop work in cold weather? We are already in the 0-10 deg C (32-42 deg F) range.
Any suggestions?

TimNNJ
11-10-2012, 08:18 AM
what about those litenetics ..anyone see those?...

ChristmasDesigners
11-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Magnetic clips work well. Parapet clips are another option, but the bases don't hold up that well during the summer.

If we were going to do this job, magnetic clips would be our first pick (although there's a shortage on these this year). We also often use LiteClip Strips. The base strip stays up and you just clip on the lights year after year. Here's a quick video I did a few weeks ago on the LiteClip Strips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEDM03qb5CM&list=UUGuBHzVMhJr-wJDssmV1m1Q&index=3&feature=plcp

Here's the link for the magnetic clips (sorry, these have been cleaned out for the year, but will at least give you an idea of another option)

http://store.christmasdesigners.com/Magnet-Clip-for-C9-Sockets.html