PDA

View Full Version : ATV For Snow Removel

J&R
01-18-2003, 03:03 PM
As any tryed this. I Have 4 wheel drive ArticCat. Can this be used for lite snow removel

gvandora
01-19-2003, 11:18 PM
I drive one at work. It works great for doing side walks, we save tons of time with it. We have a cycle country plow on it.

bob
02-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by J&R
As any tryed this. I Have 4 wheel drive ArticCat. Can this be used for lite snow removel

Check the Cabellas catalog. Also, I've seen these on eBay.

bruces
02-10-2003, 02:25 PM
My problem with the ATV is that YOU are out in the cold, where with a truck you are inside with the heater.

I can see how it would work just fine, but not as comfortable as using a truck.

Mow4u
02-27-2003, 05:11 PM
Yes Great idea Thats how I made my money this winter here n N.C scraping private and church driveways and parking lots with my 4 wheeler it was kinda easy but cold work, that paid off pretty good, I have a Honda Forman500 4x4 with 60inch power boom snow plow its a man who makes them around these parts it operates with my warn winch great investmeant fella.

P.s. Ur heat is ur engine ha ha

EJK2352
03-16-2003, 05:33 PM
My buddy has a 500 Suzuki w/ a Cycle Country V-plow. I use it to clean sidewalks and a pond that is used for iceskateing. It is unbelievable how much snow that baby can move. If I had more use for one, I'd buy one in a minute. :) ;) :) ED

prolawnguy
03-13-2004, 10:30 AM
I used a small Honda 3004wd for years doing neighborhood clients. There was never a snowfall it couldnt handle here in Minnesota. I did mostly 3 car driveways. You have to keep the snow pushed way back though for future snow storage. Driveways only took a 5 to 10 minutes a piece. I have had the cycle country plow on for close to 10 years without any problems. I have hit some hard drifts pretty fast too. I recommend hardening the cutting edge to last longer. Also for huge snowfalls leave the plow up slightly and push it back that way first before getting all the way down to the pavement.

sdog882007
04-26-2004, 05:53 PM
I have a Suzuki Eiger 400 with a cycle country plow, and an electric winch that is hooked up to the four-wheeler, and it seems to push snow great. The only thing i don't like about it is that it gets kinda cold, but other than that it is a great money maker

TrapperJohn
05-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Take a look at the Swisher snowplow, Tractor Supply now stocks them. A lot of atv snowplows are fiberglass, the swisher unit is made out of fairly thick metal, so you can also use it to push dirt around in the summer.

I'm about to put one on my Arctic Cat (500i).

gadfreak
05-13-2004, 03:01 PM
I did quite a bit of plowing with the 96 Yamaha kodiak 4X4 and a 60" Cycle country plow. I do mostly stone driveways. Keep the skids high and it works great. Its hooked up to the warn winch so no manual lifting required. I can get cold if you don't dress properly!!!

shopbytch
06-07-2004, 10:33 AM
The boss did this one year with his own atv and a old welded up plow lifted by a winch, which worked perfect on sidewalks until some new kid got on it! When it gets too cold, I'd rather be moving a snow thrower.